The War is Coming

I acknowledge that most dialogue used in this chapter belongs to JK Rowling, Warner Brothers, and the scriptwriters for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. 

TW-MENTIONS OF MURDER

    For the next few months, we just did our classes, being escorted by staff members to each and every class. After Snape had killed Dumbledore he was the new Headmaster. Mattheo and I were separated almost all the time and every once in a while he would stop us and tell us to keep our mouths shut about what happened. Eventually, it was May and we were getting ready for the war. Harry and his friends had found a way to stop Voldemort. All this crap to kill an 18-year-old Voldemort couldn't kill 17 years before this.

    One night we were all standing in the Great Hall as Snape walked in. We were all gathered for some sort of assembly and now were only waiting for what would happen. "Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade. We all whispered to each other and Mattheo and I were mouthing things to each other from across the room. We had learned to read lips all year for when this happened and we couldn't talk to each other. "Now...should anyone student or staff attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty. Now then, if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward. Now." Snape finished. Then, within a minute, someone stepped forward. We all gasped and turned to see who it was. It was Harry himself. "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies..." he began as the doors to the Great Hall opened. In came, Hermione, Ron, and loads of other Order members. Kingsley Shacklebolt, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks. I didn't recognize the rest, but I knew they were all Order members. "You still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster. I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you and killed him! Tell them!" Potter yelled. Snape drew his wand as we all moved out of the way. Professor McGonagall stepped in front of Harry like a mother would her child. McGonagall drew her wand and put it up to Snape with Harry standing a few feet away from her. Snape was now pointing his wand at Professor McGonagall. I had my wand in hand in case something were to happen. The rest of the order drew their wands and pushed Hermione and Ron to the back of the group. McGonagall cast wordless fire spells at Snape who deflected them stepping back for each one. Two people behind Snape were knocked unconscious. Snape stole their wands and quickly left. The students cheered as McGonagall put her wand away. That's when I knew the war had begun. Harry fell to the ground as a voice entered our heads that we couldn't get rid of. It was like a pounding voice trying to get out but also telling us something. Then a loud scream echoed through the hall. Then another. A third scream was heard. We all looked over toward where each scream was coming from. Another girl sat down on the floor covering her ears in fear. "I know that many of you want to fight. Some of you may even think that divide is why, but this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. To this, and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." Voldemort said. Everyone cleared to make a pathway for Harry toward the stage. Pansy Parkinson pointed to Harry, "What are you waiting for? Someone grab him." She called. Ginny Weasley stepped in front of Harry and Hermione stood close behind him. More students stepped towards him creating a circle around him. Mr. Filch came running into the Great Hall yelling, "Students out of bed. Students out of bed. Students in the corridor." he yelled. "They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot." McGonagall told him. "Oh." Filch spluttered. "As it happens Mr. Filch your arrival is most opportune. If you would I would like you please to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house from the hall." she ordered. "Exactly where is it I'll be taking them?" he asked. "The dungeons would do." she informed him. I ran through the crowd looking for Mattheo before they started walking to the dungeons. I finally found him and while he wasn't looking threw myself onto him. "Love, love. What are you doing here?" he asked. "I'm staying with you. Promise me to never leave my side so I know you're not dead." I begged. "I promise." he responded. I held his hand and walked with him to the dungeons.