Vol. 4, Chapter 3 - Inauguration

Start from the beginning

Keisei's pretty observant, so something like this was bound to get his attention.

"We just try our best to pay no mind to it. Honestly, acknowledging it might just make things worse." I replied.

Haruka frowned. "I don't like him. I don't like how he singled you guys out. Honestly, he should've just left you guys alone."

The others agreed.

"He may be the student council president, but that doesn't mean he gets to treat others badly." Said Akito, agitated.

"Don't worry about it." I said. "You guys shouldn't be getting yourselves involved. You might get yourselves targeted by Nagumo."

"Don't worry? How can we not, Kiyopon?" Haruka raised her voice slightly saying that. Luckily it wasn't loud enough to gather the attention of others.

"Haruka's right. I mean, who knows what he'll use that favor for."

Keisei has a point. Given that Nagumo isn't that at all too happy that I've gained Manabu's acknowledgment without even showing much of myself, he may try to use that favor to ruin my life here.

Well, given the circumstances, he won't be getting that favor from us regardless if we won or not. That, and my wish for a peaceful life was already compromised the moment Chabashira-sensei showed Horikita the results to my entrance exam.

"Hey, Kiyotaka, Akabane," Akito spoke up. "if you guys need help, don't hesitate to let us know."

"Yeah, we're absolutely not letting Nagumo-senpai humiliate you guys."

Keisei and Airi both nodded in agreement.

"Thanks for your concern," Karma says reassuringly. "but we brought this upon ourselves. No need for you guys to get involved."

More like you brought this upon us!

"Still though-"

"That's enough, Hasabe. Just promise us that you guys will do well in this exam. You wouldn't want us worrying about you guys too, right?"

She remained quiet for a moment before replying. "Well, sure. As long as you guys make sure to teach that guy a lesson."

Karma gave her a warmer smile than his usual kind. "Of course. We're not letting that blonde hindrance make a fool out of us."

The four of them laughed at Karma's nickname for Nagumo, easing the tension caused by his wager.

I might start calling him that.

"You sure have a way with nicknames, Akabane." Haruka compliments Karma.

"H-hey, speaking of nicknames. Wasn't there something we were supposed to do?" Airi, who had been merely listening and making gestures as a form of reaction to the conversation, decided to speak up with a bit more excitement.

The others looked like they were just reminded of something important. I already knew what it was. It's something we've been discussing for a while.

"Oh yeah." Haruka turns to Karma.

"Akabane, it's been some time, but we were thinking of having you be the newest addition to the Ayanokoji Group."

Karma stopped what he was doing. He looked surprised.

"Wait, what?" He didn't seem to believe what he was hearing. I then decided to speak up.

"Well we've been discussing it for a while. You've been taking part in these gatherings with Haruka and the others for some time now, because you hang out with me a lot."