"You know my answer."

"Father, won't you atleast give me one chance? I'll prove to you that I can be the Sultana-"

"How many times have I told you the same thing? You will not become the sultana! (Queen)"

"But-"

"No means no, you must understand that! It's the duty of a prince to rule and the princess to marry."

He said and stood up to leave, painfully aware of the fact that there were tears pricking his daughter's beautiful eyes.

~

The noise of metal clashing was the only sound to be heard in the otherwise silent chamber.

Two people stood in the centre of the room, facing eachother and having a firm grip on the swords they held

Two people stood in the centre of the room, facing eachother and having a firm grip on the swords they held. One of them wore red clothes, while the other was clad in black - each having tied a cloth around their faces which just left their eyes uncovered.

Slowly, they moved towards eachother and the person in black raised his sword, deciding to attack first. The figure in red swiftly blocked the sword with his own and pushed it towards the man in black which sent him stumbling back a few steps.

Taking advantage of this moment, the figure in red swung his sword towards him. His opponent, who just regained his balanced, saw the sword coming and immediately bent sideways. Had he been a second late, the sword would have slashed his chest.

The figure in black regained his composition and began attacking his rival with quick movements. But the other person was not at all troubled by this and gave an equally strong response.

The figure in black dodged the attacks to the best of his ability, and then, having found a chance to deliver a blow, he struck with all his might. But the figure in red blocked it with its sword and then used her left leg to kick the man away from her. The stumbled with this unexpected attack and dropped his sword.

The match ended with the red figure succeeding in disarming the opponent.

"You're good, but could've done better. Now you're free to go." the red-figure said and the man in black, who turned out to be actually a knight, bowed and left the room.

The figure in red slowly lifted a hand and opened the mask on her face.

It was you, the princess.

You sat down on the ground as a sigh escaped her mouth. Even in your childhood, swords and fighting seemed far more interesting to you than playing with dolls.

Your father realised this when you were eight, and let you learn fighting. Now, ten years later, you are a highly skilled warrior. Undefeatable in the use of swords, daggers, spears and bow-arrow... And also the best in hand-to-hand combat.

Your father always let you sit beside him when he handled the court matters. You learnt from him to be kind and loyal to all the people, you learnt from him about how to manage a kingdom.