Chapter 10: Silence

CW : Brief vomiting.
*
     You had spent an extra week in your room, missing school and life after your suspension.

      "You're out." Loki observed. He had walked in on you silently doodling in the library.

      "I am. It was too cramped in my bedroom." You replied.

      "I bet. On Asgard our chambers are vastly larger than Stark's excuse for a bedroom." He informed you.

       "Asgard sounds nice," you respond.

      "It was beautiful but I never felt like I belonged." He told you.

       "Do you belong here?" You countered.

    "No, and neither do you, witchling." He shook his head.

    "I know. But I'm adjusting." You replied.

    "I saw you healed the spider's injuries, that's impressive." He complimented you.

     "It was exhausting but I couldn't tell him that," you admitted. You thought back to that night when you cuddled up to Peter. Contrary to popular belief you did enjoy cuddling but only when its a close friend.

      "Is your magic that taxing?" Loki inquired. You nodded.

     "Maybe I can assist you," he suggested. You looked up from your notebook, finally giving your full attention to the tall god in front of you. You felt a small blush creep onto your face under his gaze.

      "That would be nice." You told him dryly, avoiding eye contact desperately.

*

"Your first day back, how are you feeling?" Tony greeted you in the kitchen. It was a Monday morning, it had been two weeks since you beat up Flash and a week after Pietro.

       You didn't reply. You just looked up at him. Your eyes had lost emotion. You features were dull. Even the flame of your anger had fizzled out.

        "I'm sorry, Y/n. I hope its a good first day back." Tony placed an awkward hand on your shoulder. Ever since your suspension he has been easier on you. You could see the dad you wanted in him. The dad that you lost so early. Tears began forming in your eyes. You quickly turned away, grabbing your lunch off the kitchen island and walking out the door.

    You shoved your earbuds into your ears and blasted music. You didn't want to take the car. You didn't care if it was Peter's job to spy on you and Happy's job to drive you.

       You walked through the streets of New York, bumping into strangers but too tired to care. Soon a black vehicle slowed down beside you on the street and rolled down its windows.

      "Y/n, get in the car," Happy yelled from the drivers seat.

    "Can't hear you." You shot back and gestured to your earbuds.

    "Y/n," Peter whined. You looked over to him poking his head out the back seat window of the vehicle.

    "I am walking to school," you replied.

    "Then I'm walking too." Peter said. You rolled your eyes and continued walking. He opened the door and hopped out onto the sidewalk.

    "What do you want, Peter?" You asked, discreetly turning the volume of your headphones down.

    "To be here for you." Peter replied.

    "You're not here to pester me?" You asked and slowed your pace a bit so he could catch up.

    "No. I know thats the last thing you want right now." Peter replied. Those words echoed in your head for the rest of the silent walk to school.

*

      Angrily you struggled to unlock your locker when Flash approached you.

      "Not today, Flash." You say in a low growl.

      "Look-" He was cut off by you pushing him into the locker besides yours.

       "Not today." You repeated.

      "Y/n, I'm just trying to apologize. About your brother and what I called you. Lets not make a scene." He struggled to get his words out under the pressure you had placed on his chest.

       You lowered your hand but your glare remained on him.

       "It hurts, right? And I'm sorry." He continued before walking away.

*

     "Y/n! Glad to see you back." Your theater teacher greeted you when you stepped into the auditorium. You felt your stomach drop.

     "Hey." You replied dryly.

     "You've obviously missed some work, and I won't count it against you but I encourage you to look over it." He explained, handing you a stack of papers.

     "Oh, thanks." You grab the stack and stuffed into your bag. While your teacher held the conversation you tried to ignore the feeling of overwhelming nausea.

     "Alright, I won't keep you for too long," your teacher smiled and walked off. Once his attention was offcially off of you, you snuck out of the auditorium and beelined for the nearest bathroom. You pushed a stall door open and hurled into the toilet. The contents of your discomfort and reminders of Pietro spilled out of your mouth.

     "Y/n? We followed you out..are you ok?" You heard Sienna after the sound of you puking your guts out ceased.

     "I'm fine!" You yelled and slammed the door shut, locking it and leaning all your weight onto it.

     "We're you vomitting..?" Raini's voice was the closest.

     "I said I'm fine," you nearly choked on the awful taste in your mouth causing tears to stream down your face.

     "I have something for you," Oli spoke next. When you didn't respond she slid a lunchbox under the door of the stall.

     "It might melt but it's the icecream Pietro picked for you," Oli explained. Your face flushed and that nauseous feeling returned. You didn't give them a response. After a few minutes they gave up and left you alone in the bathroom. You kicked the toilet and sobbed.

     "This is so fucking stupid, this is all my fucking fault." You cried quietly.

     "All my fault," you repeated once more slid down the stall door.

*

Yikes

Yikes..anyways te quiero!! so many good things to come in the book! (also im working on two other fics currently for loki and bucky)

Oli <3