Chapter 4: Lunch

"Hey guys, this is Y/n." Peter introduced you to his friends. You nodded and sat across from a curly haired girl.

    "I'm Ned, you're not replacing me as Peter's best friend right?" Ned interrogated jokingly.

    "No." You replied drly.

    "Then how did you meet my Pete?" He asked draping an arm over Peter's shoulder.

    "She's obviously the pretty girl who moved into the tower. I'm MJ." She smiled and returned to her book.

    "Yea Peter is kind of forced to hang out with me. Don't worry, Ned." You told him and got up to find the nearest bathroom.

    "Did I say something?" Ned asked innocently.

    "She doesn't do great with people," Peter replied shaking his head.

    "We probably stressed her out." MJ responded.

    "I can't tell whos going to kill me more, Wanda or Pietro." Peter sighed as he began to text you.

    "I'd say Pietro, Wanda is a bit more understanding." Ned smiled.

    "Ned shutup," MJ flicked him.

    "She has decided to lock herself into a bathroom stall until next period." Peter informed the group after look down at his phone.

    "At least she isn't skipping," Ned said optimistically.

    "It's one of the rules," Peter told him, "MJ can you bring her her lunch bag, shes in the bathroom by the gym."

    "Sure," she got up and hit Ned in the head before walking off with the bag.

*

    "Y/n?" MJ stepped into the bathroom.

    "You have the wrong girl!" You shouted back.

    "It's MJ, I have your lunch." She responded. You slowly opened the big stall and gestured for her to come in.

    "Wow you really set up camp," she laughed. You looked around nervously. You had your laptop set up with a tv show on the screen, your hoodie acted as a cushion.

     "Yea," you replied grabbing your lunch.

    "Can I join? This one is my favorite." She gestured to your laptop.

    "Erm sure, as long as your not Parker's spy." You allowed her to sit and handed her an earbud.

    "I'm not," she responded. She didn't fight hard to defend herself which was surpisingly more believable.

You liked MJ, she was quiet. You offered her any snacks Wanda had helped you pack.

"Theres the bell," she announced after a loud ding rung throughout the school. You sighed and packed up the laptop and your hoodie. To your surprise she helped you up and you both exited the big stall.

Peter was waiting for you outside the bathroom to walk you to your next class.

"I'm sorry that they made you uncomfortable," Peter broke the silence.

"Are we only friends because Tony wants you the be his spy?" You asked firmly. This was the harshest he had heard your accent.

"What? No! I like hanging out with you." He got defensive and stopped you in the middle of the hallway.

"Don't touch me." You ordered, blue swirls filling up your eyes.

"Ok I'm sorry," he let go if your wrist and with that your eyes cleared.

"I don't like being touched. Even by friends." You told him before walking off.

"Wait friends? You're saying we're friends!" He chased after you but by the time he caught up you had turned into a classroom. He checked the number to make sure you were in the right room and then left you alone.

*

"Y/n how was your first day?" Wanda greeted you with a hug. You tensed at the contact until she let go.

"It was fantastic," you replied sarcastically.

"Peter, what did you do to my sister?" Pietro ran up and pinned the boy up to a wall.

"He didn't do anything, let him go." You patted your brother on the shoulder.

"Oh there you are," Tony entered the room, "and you're dressed appropriately, I might faint." He laughed.

"Remind me to never introduce you to the kids in my theater class." You replied with a sour smile.

"Peter come see me in my office," Tony told his spy. Peter shot you an apologetic look and mouthed 'sorry'. You only nodded before heading to your room.

Instead of getting started on your homework you went over song ideas for your band. Halfway through Ava's mock set list your phone buzzed from your bed.

Peter 🕷🕸
Attachment : One Video

Peter 🕷🕸
brace yourself for tony's snark

You clicked on the video. There were no visuals, it pitch dark. You assumed you were seeing the inside of Peter's pocket. You raised the volume and the phone to your ear so you could hear properly.

"So how was her first day?" Tony's voice came through the speaker.

"It was good. She was good, Mr. Stark." Peter responded.

"Really? I find that hard to believe," Tony scoffed.

"Well believe it, sir," Peter replied, you could hear timidness in his voice, "she attended all her classes, made some friends. My friends actually scared her away during lunch but she still ended up eating according to MJ." He summed up your you day.

"So she had an incident?" Tony latched onto what happened at lunch.

"Ned made her feel uncomfortable, you've met Ned. You know how he is," Peter defended you. You felt a small smile creep up on your face.

"Fine. We'll meet again tomorrow," Tony told him firmly. After that the video ended.

*

Peter checked his texted anxiously. Your read receipt sent five minutes ago. He tapped his fingers on his chemistry textbook nervously until finally his phone buzzed.

Y/n 🤍
thanks, spider.

Peter sighed. He expected a bigger reaction but you weren't really the friendly type. Most of your reactions were angry. His phone buzzed again and he picked it up quickly.

Y/n 🤍
i dont understand this chem stuff.
can u help?

He grinned wide at his phone and rapidly texted you back.

*

Peter🕷🕸
be up in a sec!

You put your phone aside and opened the textbook up.

*

Peter Parker > Everyone elseOli <3

Oli <3