Chapter 7: Worldstar

"Nobody should be around. I triggered a fake mission alarm five minutes ago." Peter informed you as you swung onto the rooftop. With your feet finally on solid ground you took a deep breath of the cool September air. The bustling noises of Manhattan filled your ears. Cars beeping, police sirens and even the occasional gun shot. But still despite the overwhelming pallet of sounds it was somehow safer than where you had grown up and a hell of a lot safer than Hydra. That didn't change the fact that Sokovia was your home. Sure you were safer with an education and no chance of being shot on the street but New York still wasn't a place you ever saw yourself calling home; home meant more to you than the place you slept and and ate daily. Home was the place where your family once was. Your sweet mother with her light laugh that could bring a smile to anyone's face. And your hardworking father who still managed to create time for you and your siblings, he made everyone feel important. Peter must have sensed your train of thought had completely engulfed you. His eyes were fixated on you while you watched New Yorks birds fly about the sky in front of you. Finally sensing his stare, you shook all those thoughts away, saving them for perhaps a different date when you could properly mourn.

"I hate how this elevator only sends us to the lounge," you scoffed and pressed the button with a glowing arrow pointing down.

"I don't mind it but is annoying after neighborhood watching." He agreed. You felt the elevator approaching the end of its trip.

"Where were you?" Wanda's accent met your ears as you snuck into the lounge.

"Rooftop garden," you lied fairly quick.

"Try again, the garden was scorched due to your reckless brother," Tony chimed in, correcting you. You internally cursed yourself for not picking a better excuse before accepting defeat.

"I was at an audition." You responded truthfully.

"You cannot leave the house!" Wanda scolded.

"Why am I grounded, Flash is the jerk who got me into this mess." You argued. Peter backed up carefully. He desperately didn't want to be in the middle of a fight between you and your siblings. He knew you and he knew the twins so he knew to expect intensity.

"You broke a rule, kid." Tony replied calmly.

"Pietro, a little help?" You turned to your brother desperately.

"I'm sorry, little sis. You know the rules." Pietro replied. Usually he was on your side. You believed you could always count on him. You could count on Wanda as well but she behaved more as a mother than an older sister. She didn't want to see you go down the angry path which she had gone down. Pietro kept it light when you needed. Wanda was a pain the ass but now he was one too? Did you miss where he suddenly matured? Where he suddenly cared about the rules or the opinion of Tony Stark. Although you were beginning to find Tony tolerable you wouldn't agree with him over your siblings any day.

"What?! Are you fucking kidding?!" You couldn't stand this feeling of betrayal. This was not how this was supposed to go. This is not how you wanted it to go.

"Don't use that language with us," Wanda was growing impatient with your short temper. It was a warning which you refused to take heed of. You felt the anger boiling insided you, bubbling to the top. The more exasperated word vomit you spat at your siblings the more messy things got. Eventually it'd be a mess to scary to clean up on your own.

"Shut up. Leave me alone." You growled, your eyes began to glow a deep blue. Tony grabbed Peter, moving the boy behind him. Wandas eyes glowed too. You felt threatened but you knew she'd never hurt you.

"Grow up, Y/n." Pietro rolled his eyes and blew on the drying nail polish on his fingers.

"Are you serious?! I hate you." You yelled your eyes were getting darker and blue wisps began to seep out of your finger tips.

"You don't mean that," he replied nonchalantly.

"Yea I do." You flipped him off and stomped to the elevator. You forced it open with your magic, slamming the doors shut once you were inside and flinging it up to your floor.

"My elevator.." Tony whimpered. Peter was shaking behind him. The overwhelming yelling and the intense fear of what you might do or what might happen to you caused a panic which he couldn't quite explain.

"Peter? Peter are you ok?" Tony snapped in Peter's dazed face.

"What? Yea, I'm ok.." Peter was brought back to reality, his thoughts ditched to avoid questions.

"We scared him," Wanda's voice cracked. Pietro looked up at his sister.

"Hey, hey, Wanda this isn't your fault." He ran to her, placing a comforting hand on her back.

"I'm sorry, Peter." Wanda's voice broke.

"Why don't we all go out for icecream, we need a break." Tony suggested. Peter's face lit up which sparked smile on Wanda's face.

"We can pick up something for Y/n too. A peace offering." Pietro suggested. Wanda nodded and got up. She walked over to Peter who had just stopped shaking. She pulled him into a hug. He froze, for only a second and then accepted the embrace.

"I'm sorry, Pete. Thank you for sticking by, Y/n." She whispered then broke the contact.

*

"Are you going to be able to finish that?" Tony asked Peter as he carried a banana split to the table.

"I haven't eaten since lunch." Peter responded awkwardly.

"I'm messing with you, kid. Eat up." Tony patted him and took a sip of his peanut flavored milkshake. Pietro and Wanda had decided to split a sundae which they had finished fairly quick.

"Don't risk it, get Y/n's favorite." Wanda suggested.

"You can't go wrong with cheescake flavored," Pietro whined.

"May I suggest both?" Oli asked from behind the counter.

"Can you do that in a pint?" Pietro asked, amazed.

"Technically, no. But for Y/n and Peter I'll make an exception." Oli smiled.

They began to get your icecream ready. Wanda and Pietro waited patiently discussing the flavors on display. The icecream shop began to rumble, moments later an explosion was heard outside.

"Suit up," Tony ordered. They were going to have to do this mission as just the four of them.

*

Fun fact, my freshman year of high school, I worked at an ice cream shop

Oli <3