Truth Serum (Whiskey Mix)

Listen to FourFiveSeconds - by Rihanna
(feat. Kanye West & PaulMcCartney)
from their collab single with the same title.
•••

"Hey, Attorney Gerona! Kamusta ka na? It's been a while since we last saw each other ha?" one of the attendees said as they approached the former Vice President of the Republic, "selfie tayo?"

"Oh! My favorite senator, Senator Risa! Mabuti naman ako, Ris, salamat. Sure, of course. Ikaw? Kamusta?"

It was a charity gala for the Angat Buhay Foundation. Leni did not expect Risa to come as it was a Tuesday evening. Risa has already had a bit of alcohol in her system as it was already later in the night when she finally found a chance to get to Leni. Risa raised her phone to take a selfie before she responded to the question.

"Maayos din naman ang lagay ko, Lens

"Maayos din naman ang lagay ko, Lens. Medyo naging busy lang sa trabaho sa senado pero alam mo naman na iyon. I actually looked forward to this gala. Na-miss kasi kita," the younger woman said with a smile. Hontiveros, aba? What is this behaviour? Anong na-miss kasi kita? My goodness, is it me or the alcohol talking already?

"Talaga ba? Sabagay, ako rin," it was the older woman's turn to smile as she held Risa by the shoulder.

Risa can only shake her head, if she's being honest, she felt 'kilig' with that sentiment from Leni.

If you will ask her for a description for her dear friend Leni, she'll probably respond with: Leni, in person, is somewhat a woman of few words. She does more with actions, and that's how you distinguish her genuineness and passion about something.

"Tara, shot tayo?" Leni asked the younger woman, trying to cover up for whatever she had said prior. Gerona, ikalma mo naman. Sabagay, ako rin? What the heck were you thinking? Baka kung ano isipin ni Ris about you.

"Shot? Sure ka ba? Like shot puno? Tagay?"

"Oo naman! Game ako d'yan!"

"Aba! Iba pala talaga kapag wala nang napakalaking responsibilidad na nakapasan na sa balikat, ano? Game na game sa lahat!"

"Ris, had you asked me when I was still VP, my answer would have been the same," she chuckled.

Oh, Leonor, your smile. Those dimples. To die for, Risa thought to herself.

"Huy, ano na? You're staring blankly, Ris. You still with me?" —Leni

"Ha? Ano?" Shit. Mukha siguro akong tanga na nakatitig lang sa kanya. Nakakahiya!

"Ay! Ang zoned out lang ng fersonavility? Tinatanong kita kung gusto mo ba mag-shot nga..."