4

[Sorry for the late update. My brother suddenly got a job and all of the house works were thrown into me.]

{•5 years has passed•}

[Third Person PoV]

In the middle of the wide open grassland, a lone tree gives a comfortable shade for the family laying below from the high afternoon sun.

"Say AH." Patricia took one of the sandwich and slowly move it to Alicia's mouth.

Alicia, who's resisting her childish tendencies covered her mouth. "I can eat on my own Mom." She said, turning her head in refusal.

"*Sniff*" Patricia looked at her daughter with teary eyes. "Pweaaaseee?"

Alicia, who couldn't handle the sight of her mother looking sad, removed her hands and opened her mouth "Ahhh."

"Yay!" Her mood lightened up and slowly shoved the sandwich in her mouth.

'Given the fact that I'm a full grown man on the inside, this is kinda embarrassing, but I've experienced worse.' Alicia shivered at the thought of her breast milk drinking days.

"Aim... Then fire!" What follows the voice were the sound of arrow whirring.

On the other side of the grassland, the Aisha are training with her father, Steven.

"Good job, but to become a great sniper, you must be able to shoot a target from twice the distance where your arrow hit. You need to practice mana control more often." Steven looked at his daughter who's still on her shooting stance.

"Understood."

Steven Aki is one of commander of the Great Republic of Arzoala. A very well known figure for his victories on major conflicts, giving him the title 'Sword of the Republic'.

"Alicia, here" Alice picked up a sandwich and shoved it in Alicia's mouth.

"OMMPHFF!!" Alicia grumbled as the  sandwich was pushed inside her mouth. 'WHAT THE?! Don't suddenly do that!'

"Nooo! She'll choke if you do that!" Patricia took a bottle of water from the picnic basket using her light magic and uncapped it before letting Alicia drink from it.

Alicia giggled as she looked at the the two. 'Thanks for giving me such a nice family.'

"And what about you, little one? Do you also want to be like your sister. Alice and Aisha?" Steven asked her.

"Mouuu! Why do you always have to turn our daughters into soldiers?" Patricia glared at his husband "You'll be a good child and work a normal job, right honey?" She looked at her daughter with shining eyes "Right?"

'If there's already three members of the family in the military, then I guess another one who's not isn't that bad.' After thinking about it, she stood up with her tails wiggling "Hmm!" She nods.

"Yay!" Patricia raised her fists in the air.

"Okay, you win." Steven went in front of his daughter and grabbed her small hand "Papa will support you no matter what you want."

"Thank you, father!"

"I'll be the one to teach her self defense." Said Alice.

""Sure! We can't have any hungry wolves chasing after our cute daughter!"" The couple said in unison.

'It feels like there's another meaning behind that.' Alicia looked at her parents who has imaginary stars floating around them as they discussed how they were going to eliminate this said wolves.

After 5 years, Alicia's body isn't the only one that grew, but also her knowledge and attachment to her parents. The feeling of someone, a parent caring for you is all new to her. Everytime she looks at her father and mother, her heart feels like as if it's floating in the air long with the clouds. And add that with two amazing sisters who also does the same, there's nothing more she could ask for.

Her father is on his 2 week break from work, so they took the chance and went on a vacation on a town in the outskirts of the city.

"I'm done with my daily training!" Aisha leaned her bow to the tree and join the others on the picnic mat "Huh? Where's the chicken sandwich?" She searched the basket and found no chicken sandwich left "You guys ate it all!?"

"Tee Hee!" Patricia flashed a smile to her daughter. "We still have beef tho."

"*Sigh* I don't really like beef... But I'm hungry so whatever." She took one and sat along. "Next week is Alicia's ritual, I'm so excited!"

"Me too! I can't wait to finally be able to use magic!" All those years watching everyone around her use magic on a daily basis excites her even more.

The ritual mentioned is the ritual that has to be done when someone reaches the age of five. It is the ritual that allows the individual to have the ability to manipulate magic, specially one of the six main elements: Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light and Darkness. It is believed that the ability is given by the goddess herself to protect a person from the dangers and help on their daily lives.

"I got wind, Mom has Light, Big sis has Water and Dad has Darkness. I'm sure yours will be strong too!"

"Hmm!" Alicia closed her hands into a fist and began imagining everything that she could do with magic.

"Do you want to try using magic?" Aisha asked and stretched her hand forward and a small light green magic circle visible in her palm.

"She's still element-less as of now." Alice reminded her sister.

"Come on, sis! It's just a basic levitation spell, there's nothing to lose! And I'm a ranked student back in school, I know how mana and [Mana Core] works." She scoffed and turned to their mother "Right, Mom?"

"As long as you're not pouring so much mana, Alicia will be fine. But still! Only little by little! Your sister might get overwhelmed by the foreign mana entering her body."

"Do you want to try it, Alicia?" Steven asked his youngest daughter who looks like she'll grab Aisha's hand in a blink of an eye when given permission.

"Yes!" When her small hands touched the magic circle, a weird sensation began flowing from her arm through her whole body, soon, she felt her feet lose contact with the ground.

"Wow! I'm floating like in space!" She unconsciously murmured.

"Space? What's that?" Aisha asked.

"A-Ah! It's just the thing I've read in a story book." She dismissed the subject and focused back on floating.

The feeling of coolness washed through her entire being. The same feeling when a strong gust of wind hits your body. It's calming, It felt great. Suddenly, she felt something different, dizziness. Out of nowhere, her eyes began spinning.

"Urgh..."

"Sweetie, you look pale. You can release her now, Aisha."

Aisha, who just noticed the state of Alicia complied. And when she landed back on the ground, she collapsed and vomited everything she ate.

"Alicia!" Patricia catched her daughter who almost fell on her own vomit.

"What did you do?!" Alice asked in both anger and fear. She looks out of character. Her usual carefree behavior and monotone voice were nowhere to be seen.

"I-I don't know! I was just pouring small amount of mana-"

"Girls, don't fight. Everything will be okay. Don't panick." Steven calmed his daughters as he watched his wife carry the semi-unconscious Alicia in her arms.

"Don't worry. I can heal her." She reassured everyone and a glowing white magic circle appeared on her hands.

And as if something snapped, blood squirts out of her nose, eyes and mouth.

"""ALICIA!"""

Meanwhile, Alicia who's barely even conscious can only hear the distance voice of her family shouting in the distance.

'Am I... Am I gonna die again?' She thought before her consciousness faded into black.