0

The sound of the mouse being continuously clicked can be heard through the small, packed room. Bed, table, gas stove, a study table and a PC, all jammed in a small room. Though it can't be called bad on how clean the room is.

The owner of this small apartment is Joshua, A 20 year old man with a normal(?) life. He lost his Father and Mother on a car crash when he was 12. The kid cope with the loss by playing video games on their TV. Lucky for him, his parents had enough savings to make him finish college, and with his aunt taking care of the money, Joshua grew up and graduated without much of a problem. When he got a job and a stable salary, he moved out of his aunt's house and decided to live on his own. As a thanks to his Aunt for taking the job that his Mother and Father had left, he sometimes send money to her to help her with her needs.

He now lives in a small apartment, not because he lacks money, it's because he's rarely at home, and if he does come home, all he do is play a game on his computer. The game in mention is a mmorpg. It's just like your normal mmo, but what makes it special is it's almost unlimited content and it's great graphics. To him, having a girlfriend is like another thing to waste money on, but when it comes to this game, he'll use all of his money just to get the event items he wants.

[Hey, Josh! How was last night?] A chatbox appeared on the corner of the screen.

Joshua typed up a reply before returning to what he's doing [I don't know. I told you I'm not going with them.]

[What a bummer. You rarely join after work parties. You're playing that game again, aren't you?]

[Who are you, my mother?]

The two had a friendly conversation for a while before the other decided to log off.

"Haa... What a guy." Joshua sighed and returned to the game.

The screen shows his avatar, a girl with fox ears, carrying a katana with a sharp edge that's made from unknown blue alloy. The avatar ran to a checkpoint and a tab appeared that reads:

[Checkpoint Saved!]

Summon Area Boss?

[Y/N]

Joshua opened his inventory and looked at all the consumables he have. 'This is enough' He thought before closing the inventory tab and clicking yes.

A giant portal appeared in front of his avatar, forcing him to jump away. He watched as the boss came out of the portal, it's body is similar to a bodybuilder, it's height is the same as a two story building, and it's wielding a giant battle axe that has a ominous dark aura covering it's blades.

'Woah... They really went all out on making an anniversary boss this time.' He took the can of soft drink beside him and took a sip.

When the boss's immunity buff disappeared, he dashed towards the boss and launched heavy consecutive melee attacks that destroyed it's shield. The boss retaliated by making a full swing of it's battle-axe. He dodged the attack by jumping up high in the air.

Midair, he prepared for his next attack. A magic circle appeared on the katana's guard, causing the blade to glow a bright blue light.

"[Hundred Thousand Slice]!" The avatar accelerated it's descent and when it's at the boss's face level, it slashed it's face many times.

*ROOAARR!!*

Just before he could finish the skill, the Boss used one of it's abilities [Shockwave], that threw his avatar to the ground.

"That almost killed me." Joshua reopened the tab and used one of the healing potions, refilling the HP bar.

*ROOOARRR!!* The boss roared once again, but this time, it slammed it's gigantic axe to the ground, creating a huge crack on the floor.