Do you feel the same

Deena

I was sitting in class next to August listening to the science teacher

talk about science obviously.

" Class I've got an announcement."she said with an excited tone in her voice."Homecoming ,as you all know is Friday, so I'm cancelling all tests of mine for that day." Everyone in the room started cheering, then the bell rang. Homecoming... I totally forgot. But what's the use if you haven't gotten asked yet. I know me and August are going together but I want him to ask me. It would be clarification that August is the one I want and vise versa. But I'm not gone sweat it... for now. I walked to my locker and spun the dial with my combination. I tossed my science book and got out my math book. I slammed my locker and entered my math class. As usual, I sat next to August and waited for further instructions.

"ok class, I've graded the exams you all took last week, and may I say that the grade and improvements people have made is amazing." She handed them out and I was the least bit nervous. I know I've gotten an A. She hands me my test without hesitation I look at my grade not surprised at all. I got a 98. I look over at August and he hesitates to turn his paper.

" I bet you've gotten a good grade August, no worries."

" Can you look at it first?" I nodded, why is this making him so damn nervous the August I used to know, before we dated, would've flipped that shit over without giving two fucks. I flip the paper over. He got a 95. He really has been listening to me during tutoring. Holy shit.. that's a surprise he never listens.

" Well??" He eagerly asked "

"Flip ur paper over and you'll see." He sighed and flipped it really slowly.

" HOLY SHIT!! HOW THE HELL-" he started excited but was cut off by the teacher

" Language!" H simply nodded still smiling. " For the rest of the class, you have free period." August took me outside and spun me around.

" Thanks for not giving up on me."

" Never." I replied and he kissed me. It was full of passion, my heart started beating faster as he deepened the kiss. This kiss was different from all the others. We pulled back and both smiled.

August

Homecoming is on its way. It's in two days and I can't wait. Imma ask Deena I just wanna make sure everything is perfect for my baby. I love her, and I can't live without her so this has to be 100% perfect. After math I had lunch with Deena. She sat at the table and I walked out the door. I went into my car and grabbed my big ass bouquet of white roses, a huge white teddy bear with a letter taped onto it, and a bot of chocolate. I got one of the teachers to convince the principal into letting me use the microphone. I have it all planned out. First I'll tell her a poem( don't judge me) then give her the stuff.

Do you feel the same:

They say I'm 2 young

 And try and tell me how I feel.

 My heart is in your hands, girl;

 For me, this is the deal.

 But peeps talk,

 And they try to get between us,

but my love wont ever change

 Hit me up And tell me if you feel the same.

——

I looked up at her and she nodded speechless. I smirked and got on one knee and said," will u go to homecoming with me." She practically screamed yes and we st down at the table.

" I thought you forgot for a second." I said

" Nah."

" I wanted it to be romantic when you asked me but I think u went a little over, I mean this ain't prom."

" you think? I was starting to think, damn what imma do for prom." We both let out a chuckle and ate.

She's mine, I got her and imma keep her, and I know she feels the same way. She then took the letter off the bear.

" No! Save it for after the dance"

" oh, ok." She put it in her cross body purse and we walked out of the cafeteria.