𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚕

The war was over.

Odelia had won the second war against the Dark Lord - as well as the first one - Lord Voldemort - or to be precise about it, Tom Marvolo Riddle. But why did she feel so empty? Odelia looked at her hand smeared with blood, her face was filthy beyond belief. She stood stiffly while people bombarded her with hugs and screams of victory but she didn't hear anything, she was stuck in her own world.

She had won, so why didn't she feel anything?

Soon night rose, while Odelia stood at the same spot she had won the battle - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 - her feet was planted firmly on the ground. She should have felt something...right?

She gritted her teeth as she forced herself to move. Where? She didn't know. Perhaps the Quidditch pitch? The Astronomy tower? Gryffindor Tower? Or somewhere else...

She blinked, her head tilted to the side in confusion as she found herself in front of the stone gargoyle which used to guard the Headmaster's office.

Odelia opened her mouth but no words came out. As she cleared her throat, the gargoyle looked at her and with a groan of discomfort, moved out of the way.

Her feet moved upwards the spiral staircase, nimbly jumping over the rubble that crumbled under her feet. Her eyes were fixed upstairs. Her body moved on its own accord. She had no control over it. But somehow, deep in her mind, she knew what she wanted.

The door creeked open as Odelia stepped in. Rubble and pieces of wood was broken everywhere. Somehow, miraculously, the portraits of the past Headmasters and Headmistress survived - preservation charms, her inquisitive mind provided. Probably runes too, were cast upon the portraits before they were put up, surely if they wanted them to last.

"Ah. My dear girl"

Odelia spun around to find a portrait of her former Headmaster. Odelia felt anger at him. All the times she did what he asked without question and it turns out, he was raising her like a pig to slaughter!

"Professor Dumbledore." she greeted. "Now, I am sure you have some questions, my girl." Dumbledore smiled at her with a twinkle in his blue eyes. Never in Odelia's life did she want to ruin a piece of art so much. The man she considered her grandfather figure had played her like a chess piece.

"Yes, I do." Odelia stated. "I want to ask you about the Elder Wand."

"Ah.. The wand. Of cource my dear girl. But some things are simply meant to never be discussed." he said with a sigh. "Something like that, is an abomination of magic. Something never to be shared with the world."

"But why do you have it then?" Odelia butted in, a frown on her face "You used it. And I'm willing to bet my Firebolt that you won it from your duel with Grindelwald." Dumbledore looked aghast, a frown in his face now. "My gi-" he attempted to interrupt. "You used it and won duels but yet you didn't use it against Voldemort. Something like that could have changed the whole game!

"If you had just fought him at the beginning of the war, none of this could have happened! An unbeatable wand against a boy, especially with your powers. What chance would he have? None of these lives would have been lost." Odelia raved on, anger taking on every fiber of her being.

"Now my dear girl, if I stopped it then exactly as you said, none of this would have happened. Every cource of action I took was to protect our world -" Dumbledore interrupted.

"But at what cost?" Odelia finished. "I'm throwing away the wand. Somewhere where no one will find it."

"My dear girl, now I must protest" Dumbledore rasped, his eyes narrowed. But Odelia had already turned on her heel, her long red and black hair swishing behind her as she opened the door. She turned around, shooting a scatching look at Dumbledore before she slipped out, the door slamming behind her.