Prologue

Sunday, December 31st 2014

11:45 p.m.

Red Square, Moscow, Russian Federation

It was about to start. Thousands of people gathered in the Red Square of the densely packed Russian capital of Moscow. The place was brightly lit up with nightlights as people sang and danced. In 15 minutes, The New Year would begin and the President, Mr. Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin would give his yearly new year speech. In the crowd people would watch the performance of Russian singers and musicians on the artificial stage.

In a large and luxurious car a few miles outside the Red Square, was arriving mr. Putin. He was a Smart and strategically intelligent Leader and the people liked him for his efforts at restoring Russia's former glory. Currently he was doing a mental relaxation exercise to prepare himself for the speech. He usually did not like Public meetings and giving speeches and mostly ruled the country from the secluded Kremlin, but to show to the people that he was a strong and kind man, he would go to palaces around Russia sometimes to meet socially backward people and give big speeches to demoralized crowds. The speech at the Red Square tonight marked the beginning of a new year for Russia and he would encourage the people to work harder and courageously for the glory of the nation.

As he arrived in the Red Square, he walked to the backstage, flanked by his security personnel till the backstage outskirts where he walked up alone. He stood by the podium on the stage draped by closed curtains. 5 mins more. He began to contemplate what was to be done by him in the coming years- The recapture of all former soviet republics, the strengthening of the Russian Economy, the inevitable cold war with NATO chiefly among other things. It was so hard being the President of Russia; If he let his guard down for even a second, America and Nato would destroy his Russia. With the liberation of Crimea yesteryear from the oppressive western backed regime of Kiev, The west had targeted Russia with a volley of sanctions and restrictions to cripple the economy and make the people want to overthrow the president. But instead the people had rallied around him and had grown hateful of the west. Only a few more years of work to go, and Russia would again be a Superpower! 5 mins over.

As the curtains undraped, the whole Red Square was filled with the sounds of thousands of people chanting Happy New Year! The sky was filled with fireworks and lights. As the crowd quietened down after a few minutes, the president started speaking: "Dear friends, respected citizens of Russia, during these minutes, we are not only checking our watches, we are also checking our intentions and our feelings, checking our expectations and what we have in reality. One more year is behind us. A year of joyous and tragic events, a year of difficult decisions. Nevertheless, things that once seemed quite impossible are becoming a fact of life.

Notable elements of stability have appeared in our country, and that means a great deal for politics, for the economy, and for all of us. We have realized at what cost our country's dignity comes, and how highly it is appreciated. But we all know that on this festive night, far from everyone has a bountiful table, nor is there happiness and success in every home. Let us remember that and not forget that we still have a lot of work to do. But only together can we accomplish this. And then the time will surely come when we no longer need to worry about our elderly or our children.

Dear friends, i know you are happy with this new year. Just a few minutes ago, we entered a new year and a new time for Russia.

I want to wish you what one usually wishes his relatives and friends: good health, peace, prosperity, and, of course, success. Happiness to you and Happy New Year!"

(A.N. : Yes, if you have noticed, this is based of the address given on January 2000. I didn't have too many bright ideas so i just copy pasted. Sorry for the laziness, but its my first story anyway.)