Chapter 7

-Route four-

Misty: "How about instead of Cerulean, we go to Celadon, Vermilion, or Saffron city?"

Brock: "We need to go through Cerulean to get to each one."

Misty: "Then what about Cinnabar?"

Ash: "Bug forest."

Misty freezes and twitches at the word bug. When she gets out of her moment of fear she sees Ash and Brock had already entered the city. She decided to stay outside the city for a bit before heading towards the gym.

-Cerulean city-

Ash and Brock were walking around when they see a crowd of people gathered around a shop. Being curious, both Ash and Brock walk over to see a Jenny talking to the store owners.

Jenny: "And they didn't take the money?"

Owner: "No, just a giant vacuum cleaner, and two fossils we received from mount moon."

Ash looked at Brock before nodding and splitting up so Brock could restock supplies and Ash could get his gym battle.
Ash soon found the gym and walked inside, only to see a water play going on. He ignores the the play and moves to the main battlefield. He started looking around, seeing lots of water Pokemon swimming in tanks.

Soon three girls walk in, oblivious to Ash.
They were talking about the show they had just preformed. Ash walked up to the three as they notice him.

???: "Sorry, but no autographs."

Ash: "Battle."

Ash pulls out a PokeBall and holds it towards the three.

???: "Um... we like can't."

Ash tilts his head.

???: "All our Pokemon are at the Pokemon center."

Ash points towards the Pokemon in the tanks.

???: "They are just for display."

???: "Oh I know, Seel! Come here please."

A Seel comes over and reveals a badge in it's mouth, which one of the girls grabs and holds out towards Ash.

???: "This is what you wanted right? So take it."

Ash: "Disgraceful."

???: "Huh?"

Ash: "You're a disgrace to gym leaders if you honestly think that just giving me a badge will help me. I need to battle you so me and my Pokemon can grow."

Ash was going to leave the now shocked sisters only for Misty to barge into the gym.

Misty: "What have you done to our gym!?!"

Ash looks at Misty and decided to watch the chaos unfold.

???: "Well if it isn't Misty, become a water type master yet?"

Misty: "No, I didn't have to time when I heard that the Cerulean gym was just giving away badges, do you know how much that ruins our reputation!?!"

???: "But like, we can't battle all to well."

Misty: "Then I'll battle, who is my opponent."

They point to Ash and Misty groans as they both get to the other side of the battlefield.

Misty: "Pikachu, will you be a Pikapal and not battle?"

Pikachu's cheeks spark as she looks at Misty.

Pikachu: "As if."

Ash: "Seems like that's a no Misty, but I wasn't planning on using Pikachu today anyway."

Ash pulls out an old PokeBall, Misty having flashbacks to Kleavor, as he tosses it up, and revealing a Hisuian Electrode.

Misty: "An Electrode? Why does it look different?"

Ash: "It's my secret, send out your Pokemon."

Misty: "Alright, Misty calls Staryu!"

She tosses up a PokeBall, releasing a Staryu.

Misty: "Use swift."

Ash: "Thunderbolt."

The Electrode fires a thunderbolt at Staryu, destroying the swift as it goes, and hits Staryu, sending it flying out of the field. One of the three girls, Misty's sisters, checks Staryu.

???: "Staryu is unable to battle, Electrode wins."

Misty grumbles, returning Staryu as Ash returns Electrode.

Misty: "Misty calls Starmie!"

She tosses up another PokeBall, releasing a bigger starfish like Pokemon.

Ash pulls out another old PokeBall and tosses it up.

Ash: "Basculegion, I choose you."

Misty and her sisters were surprised to see the big fish Pokemon appear. They were looking at the Pokemon in aw. It looked dangerous yet majestic.

Ash: "Shadow ball."

Misty was knocked out of her stupor

Misty: "Quickly, dodge it."

Starmie jumped out of the way.

Ash: "Use shadow ball again."

The giant fish fired another purple ball at the starfish.

Misty: "Use swift."

Starmie fired it's attack as it got it. The stars hit the fish, which left it uneffected.

Misty: "Hey! What happened!?"

Ash: "Basculegion is a water and ghost type. Now use crunch!"

Basculegion charged at Starmie and bit into it, causing massive damage. Basculegion then jumped into the air and threw Starmie into a wall, knocking it unconscious.

???: "St-starmie is unable to battle, the winner is Basculegion, therefore Ash Ketchum is the winner."

Ash walked up and grabbed his Badge before the wall was blown up. Team rocket had blown through the wall with a giant robot, intending on stealing water Pokemon. Ash quickly sent out Electrode again.

Ash: "Electrode, use Chloroblast!"

Electrode angled itself before firing a large beem at the robot, blowing through it, causing it to explode. Team rocket was sent blasting off as two fossils fell towards Ash, which he quickly caught. He returned Electrode and left the gym.

Ash made his way to the shop to return the fossils, only for the shop owner to let Ash keep them as a thanks for finding them. Ash met up with Brock and learned Misty had to stay at the gym because her sisters left for a vacation. Ash and Brock started making their way to the next route and continued their journey.

------------

That's the end of the chapter, what do you all think? Have a good time.