Chapter 2

-Veridian city-

Ash had just gotten to the entrance of the city. He smiled brightly and was about to enter before he was stopped by an officer Jenny.

Jenny: "Hold it, I'm going to need some identification. We have had some pokemon thieves in the area and want to make sure everyone is who they say they are."

Ash nodded at the logic and pulled out his Pokedex and handed it to the officer. The officer pressed some buttons as the Pokedex started speaking.

Dexter: "Hello I am Dexter, I belong to the trainer Ash Ketchum of Pallet town. Note: Ash Ketchum is selectively mute and will only speak to Pokemon or when absolutely necessary."

Jenny thanks Ash and returns his Pokedex. Ash nods to Jenny and began walking to the Pokemon center. Not far behind was a orange haired girl looking for the boy.

-Pokemon center-

Ash walked inside and walked up to nurse Joy.

Joy: "Hello, can I help you?"

Ash: "Could you like over my Pokemon?"

Joy: "Of course, is there anything else I can do?"

Ash: "I'd like to book a room for the night."

Joy nodded and got to work as Ash handed her his pokemon he had recently obtained before heading to the cell phone. He started by calling professor Oak.

Oak: "Ah Ash my boy, how have you been?"

Ash waved his hand in a so-so motion.

Oak: "Ah, well I see you caught some Pokemon, and a Gyarados is certainly interesting."

Ash nodded with a smile.

Oak: "Well it was a good talk, make sure you contact your mother."

Ash nodded and ended the call. He then called his mother.

Delia: "Ketchum residence."

Ash: "Mamma."

Delia: "Oh Ashy it's so good to see you. Are you already in Veridian city?"

Ash nodded.

Delia: "You did really well. Your father took four days to get to that city when he started his journey."

Ash growled silently. He hated his, "father," as the man was never their for him or his mom.

Delia: "Well thank you for calling, I hope you do well on your journey."

Ash nodded with a smile and hung up the phone. Suddenly the girl with orange hair burst into the building and looked at Ash. She instantly ran towards him.

???: "You! You have to pay me back for the bike your Gyarados destroyed."

Ash just shook his head and began walking away as she went to grab him. Ash quickly turned around and grabbed her wrist and glared at her before letting go.

Joy: "Ash Ketchum, your Pokemon are all better."

Ash made his way to nurse Joy and gather his Pokemon. Suddenly an explosion occured and every turns to see two people and a Meowth standing where the explosion occured. Ash turned to nurse Joy.

Ash: "Contact officer Jenny."

Ash then turned to the intruders as they did their intro. Ash wasn't impressed.

Jessie: "So little boy? You going to give us your Pokemon?"

Ash just reached into his bag and pulled out one of the old PokeBalls. The three villains began laughing.

James: "What are you going to do with that relic?"

Ash flipped the tab and threw the ball, releasing a Hisuian Typhlosion.

Jessie: "What the? Whose that Pokemon?"

Meowth: "I got no clue, so it must be rare."

James: "Then let's grab it for the boss."

The two people sent out an Ekans and Koffing. The Koffing tried to use tackle but it was ineffective on the fire/ghost type. Ekans went for a bit only to be hit by Typhlosion's Infernal Parade. The Ekans was sent crashing into the Koffing.

Ash decided to end this and pulled out another old PokeBall. He did the same for Typhlosion's ball and sent out a hisuian Samurott. The water/dark type looked around and noticed the opponents.

Ash: "Samurott, use hydro pump."

Samurott nodded and gathered a large ball of water before blasting a beam at team rocket, sending them blasting off into the sky. Once team rocket was gone Ash walked up to his two Pokemon and pet them both.

Ash: "You two did an amazing job, thank you."

Both Pokemon: "Of course Satoshi."

Ash returned the Pokemon and walked up to the shocked Nurse Joy.

Ash: "Mind looking over these two?"

Joy quickly nodded and began checking over the Pokemon while also contacting professor Oak and telling him about what happened. Ash sighed knowing he would have some explaining to do.

-Next day-

Ash stretched and gathered his belongings. Turns out Oak was very excited to see the Pokemon, but Ash shut him down quickly saying he wasn't going to just let him look over them where he couldn't be there to comfort his Pokemon. Oak agreed and decided to allow Ash to hold on to any Pokemon he caught as long as Ash didn't abuse this privilege and he got to study the Pokemon. Ash stated he had booked on every Pokemon in the world the professor could also use.

Ash was walking towards Veridian forest, followed closely by the orange haired girl that introduced herself as Misty. Ash wasn't going to repay her any time soon, and she had the audacity to tell him to give her his water types, as she was going to be the best water-type master in the world. Soon both trainers entered Veridian forest, where new adventures wait ahead.

-----

That's the end of this chapter, I hope you all enjoyed. Tell me what you think and what you hope happens next. Have a good day.