I sniffled once as I lifted my hand from his and used the back of it to wipe my face dry. Draco tilted his head to the side as he gave me a soft smile.

"You still love me?" He whispered, lifting his hand and rubbing my cheek tenderly. I laughed once at his stupid question, making his smile grow into a larger grin. "There's my pretty girl." He cooed, making my smile linger on my lips.

Draco stood up straight before he unbuttoned his jacket and threw it on a stray chair in the corner of his room. He went to unbutton his shirt before he hesitated slightly.

"You know you can't hide it away from me forever. Not unless you cut your arm off." I muttered, making him turn his head to look at me. "Does it hurt?" I asked him quietly. He let out an amused laugh as he flexed his left hand.

"It's pretty dull right now, but I think that's just the whiskey talking. Last time I felt this bad my brain was being turned to mush by our fathers." He joked, but I didn't find any humor in his statement. Instead, my eyes widened as the words left his lips.

"Your father!" I panicked, making his brows knit together at my outburst. "Oh my god, he's going to kill me." I brought my hands up to my mouth as I jumped down off of the bed. "He's actually going to kill me!" I told him loudly. Draco didn't seem to follow along with the conclusion I came to.

"Why would he kill you? He loves you." He shook his head out of confusion. "I think he loves you more than he loves me." He laughed once before he started unbuttoning his top.

"Does he know you're better after what he did to you?! That you don't hate me?! Here he is, locked away in Azkaban—" I started pacing across the floor. "Now we're engaged! We're supposed to get married in a few years! You aren't even supposed to know what love feels like anymore!" I shouted, he rolled his eyes when he finally reached the bottom of his shirt.

"Relax. He's scared of me, he's not going to do anything. He knows what he helped the Dark Lord create me into, and he's not stupid enough to go against me." Draco said confidently as he unbuckled his belt and let his dress pants fall to the floor. I turned to look at him to see if he was kidding.

Sometimes this kid is the biggest idiot I have ever come to know.

"HE WIPED YOUR MIND OF EVERY GOOD THOUGHT OF ME-"

"And I have gone on plenty of missions this summer and have done far worse things than I did with my mind all fucked up. Having you around me now doesn't affect any of that. I told you this before, I figured it out and I'm still a perfect weapon for them." He tried reassuring me as he walked towards his bathroom in his opened shirt and underwear.

I didn't say anything for a moment before I followed behind him at a much slower pace. He fiddled with the water temperature in his shower before he glanced over his shoulder at me in the doorway.

"When..." I hesitated to ask, "when Theo said that you had done things that I wouldn't like, and you always mention it... are you ever going to tell me about it?" I asked softly, almost like a little kid wanting a bedtime story. So hesitant and timid.

"Do you want to shower with me?" He changed the subject as soon as the words left my mouth. I trailed my eyes down to the sleeve still covering his arm before I found his eyes again.

"If you don't want me to see it then I don't have to get in with you," I shook my head, understanding that he always had this gut feeling to keep me away from all things bad in the world.

"Come here, love." He said softly. He leaned his back against the wall of his bathroom before he held his hand out for me.

I walked towards him slowly before I took his hand in my own. He puckered his lips and waited for me to lean up and kiss him— which I could never turn down even in the worst days.