chapter 18

Eleanora's pov
As I finally decapitated the last dam demon, I collapsed from exhaustion. We had been runng around killing six hundred demons due to Father Anderson's bright idea to find the source of energy in a Halpha, we had made the ground breaking discovery that when the demon is cut open, it fucking multiplies. Please pick up the sarcasm that is oozing from my words.

"Well that was interesting, at least we learnt something new." I couldn't help the scof of incredulity that escaped. I sat back up and shook my head. "Well I'd better be heading back before my cousin decideds that I have been gone too long."

"It was a pleasure as always Eleanora, please send my kindest regards to Father Blackwood for me."

"Of course, this was a learning experience I soon won't forget." I stood up, shook his hand and returned to the exact last location I was when I was summoned. I felt the tugging sensation in my gut and I opened my eyes to find an empty kitchen table.

My eyes snagged on the clock in the corner,  1:30 am. Due to my exhaustion and the amount of magic I have used in the last several days, I basically crawled upstairs and fell into a dreamless sleep on my bed.

The next day

I woke up to the sun shining blindingly into my eyes, my mind hadn't quite catched up with reality yet but as soon as my mind switched on I lept out of bed. It was my first day at The Academy of Unseen Arts, it read 7 am on my bedside clock.

Just as I opened up my wardrobe to find clothes for the big day I was engulfed in two huge arms. "I was so worried my Little Devil, I thought you were in danger when you didn't come home for four days."

Ambrose turned me to face him, knelt down next to me, cupped my face and started his examination of my face looking for any signs of distress. "I am fine Ambrose, I promise. I was just helping Father Anderson with a little project."

He ignored my reassurances and continued to look me over. when he realised that I was in no danger of collapsing and dieing he wrapped his arms gently around me and kissed my forehead like he did when I had a child. "You had me so worried baby, never disappear again." I couldn't help it this time as I broke down into sobs. I felt him pick me up and carry me to his room, he sat me down on his lap on his bed and cradled me as I let out all my emotions.

Ambrose's POV
I cradled her as she cried into my chest, I whispered and couldn't stop myself from cooing at her. She was my daughter and I couldn't bare her gone for so long again. I remember the pure fear, anger and desperation I felt when she hadn't returned from her summons. It felt like I was having my insides ripped out.

"Your okay baby, your home now my Little Devil. I won't let anyone hurt you alright. Please look at me baby." I could hear the almost begging sound in my voice, she lifted her head from my chest finally.

I saw her blood shit, puffy but still beautiful eyes, she hungged me tighter. "I Love you soooo much Ambrose. More than anything, I would do anything for you." A soft smile made its way onto my lips. I whispered back,"I knew sweetheart, I would do the same. I will always be here for you no matter what you choose to do. Now let's get you ready for you first official day as a student at The Academy of Unseen Arts."

She let out a little chuckle, I picked her back up again and took her to her room where her familiar day curled and waiting for our arrival.