Episode 14B: Snow Cult Scuffle

Start from the beginning

Chalice-Chef Saltbaker made us these astral cookies. If Cuphead or Mugman eats one, they can take my place in the astral plane, and I can stay mortal for a short time.

China-It's nice to see ol' Salty is still up to his usual tricks. (remembering the last part) Wait, you're alright with Cuphead and Mugman turning into ghosts?

Mugman-She might have tricked me the first time, but now I'm totally cool with it. These cookies are delicious!

(He takes a bite of a cookie and switches out with CHALICE.)

Chalice-What do you say, Cuphead? Ready to negotiate with a deranged ice wizard?

Cuphead-Yeah, I'm ready to negotiate with him.

(He winks.)

Chalice-Cuphead, we're actually going to negotiate with him.

Cuphead-What? Why?

Chalice-The last time I talked to him, I was too scared to keep going and took out my spear. If we can get the sugar cubes without resorting to violence, that means I'm braver than I was before.

Cuphead-If you say so...

(They look up at the igloo in front of them.)

Chalice-This is where he lives. Let's go.

(She holds onto CUPHEAD's hand as they walk inside. Cut to inside the Col-ICE-eum. There are still snowmen filling the stands. MORTIMER sits on his throne.)

Mortimer-And then I said, "If you're just going to bite it, why even bother licking it three times?!"

(The snowmen laugh.)

Chalice-(offscreen) Mortimer!

(Everyone turns to see CHALICE and CUPHEAD standing in the entrance. MORTIMER leans forward to get a closer look.)

Mortimer-Alice!

Chalice-Mortimer!

Mortimer-Alice!

Chalice-Mortimer!

Mortimer-Alice?

Chalice-MORTIMER!

Cuphead-Oh sugar honey iced tea, can't we do what we came here for?

Mortimer-What makes you think you can enter my Col-ICE-eum? I thought I killed you the first time.

Chalice-Well, I'm back because of Chef Saltbaker's astral cookies!

Cuphead-My brother's ghost is waiting outside.

Chalice-We're just here for some of your Icy Sugar Cubes. We're making a Wondertart that'll make me real. Cuphead, show him the recipe.

(CUPHEAD holds up the recipe. MORTIMER takes out a magic wand and uses it to pull the recipe closer to him. He reads over it.)

Mortimer-No, you're not.

(He lets the recipe fall to the floor.)

Chalice-What? Yes, I am!