You're Such a D💎ck

Start from the beginning

"I'm thinkin' of taking over your room. Your bed's fucking comfy as hell." I joke, Fezco laughing from his spot as he turns the water off, flicking his hands to dry them rather than using a towel or some shit.

"The fuck you is.." I gave a throaty chuckle, eating some of my cereal as I was once again slowly and silently consumed to my sorrows and thoughts. Trying not to show it in my expressions. It was silent for the short remainder of time, Fezco going to the couch to smoke as Ash soon finished, leaving his dishes in the sink. I finished, cleaning both of our dishes in a lame effort to stall from making the call, plus to be nice since Fezco was letting me stay with them for a bit.

"Aight, aight, no more, stalling." I looked at Fezco unimpressed, Ash almost smiling at him scolding me. I sigh quietly, slowly making my way for the stairs.

"Ay, where's you goin'?"

"My phone's still in Ash's room." I call back, halfway up the stairs.

"You better actually be callin', Marina." I almost groaned.

"I am, I am.. Geez." I pouted, sulking to the room miserably. I flopped down onto his bed, crawling back under the covers as I reached under my head, drawing the phone out from underneath. I let out a shaky breath, the phone lighting up to light as I turned it on.

34 Missed called

19 Unread messages

"Jesus Christ." I gnawed on the inside of my lip, not sure what I should do. I first clicked on the phones calls, almost all of them from dad. A small handful of them being from Jules and Rue. I felt the tears sting my eyes, not being able to bring myself to look at the messages, knowing even opening them there's a chance I'll see a message from Jules. Since she did call. I shut the phone off quickly, breathing out deeply. I waited a minute, clicking the side button and swiping it back open, figuring to just rip the bandage off. I ignored all other contacts, clicking on my father's phone number before I could even give myself the chance to back out.

"Hello?! Hello? Marina? Marina, where the hell, are you?! Are you okay? Where have you been, you had me worried sick! What were you guys thinking!?" I sniffled, all the guilt and sadness hitting me at once.

"Marina? Marina? Gemmy!" I tried talking, finding it hard to as my throat closed, my father's voice becoming frantic on the other side the longer I remain silent.

"I'm sorry. I'm fine, I'm- I'm just uh-" I sniffled, my voice cracking and the cry obvious. I cleared my throat some, wiping my eyes harshly.

"I'm at a friend's, I-" He sighed a giant sigh of relief it seemed, a 'Thank God' escaping out with it.

"You little shits are.. You guys really know how to get your old man going, ya know that?" I choked on a small sob, a small chuckle escaping with it.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying too, I didn't- I just didn't k-" I tried, the tears not stopping.

"I know. I know, Gem. Jules told me. I'm just mad that you've been gone and haven't said anything! Marina, you know better!" I stayed silent for my lecture, nodding despite him not seeing it. My mind almost skipping the fact he said Jules had said something to him.

"Look, Marina.. I know things are tough right now.. but your sister and Rue are both home, okay. We would really like it if you came home too." I cried more silently, both from the fact that he said they were home but because of how hopeful he sounded. I didn't want to go home though. I couldn't go home yet, not yet. I wanted to stay with Fez.. and Ash. And I didn't want to face Jules yet.

"I uh.. I can't do that." I whispered, not from trying to be quiet because I didn't trust my voice. I swallowed the air pocket. I heard him sigh on the other line, almost like he expected this. Maybe because he did.