Renee's temper

It was an understatement to say Renee Blackford was mad. She was fuming, she could feel her eyes burning up every person who walked her side. She could feel irritations in her drops of sweat in the waiting room of the airport. Yes, the cause of Renee's irritation began that dear morning when her parents totally forgot she was staying at their house for a couple of days and took a little adventure in their sailing boat. So she, who thought her parents would drive her a couple of hours for her mission started freaking out. Not being today at the fort would mean denying that amazing opportunity and therefore losing any chance of being successful in life, therefore not being able to live, therefore being a deception for her family, and therefore suicide.

Yeah, that's what Renee's overthinking did, it killed her. So by the time her baby brother Laurent or more known as Laurie found her sitting at the kitchen dinner table he had to help his sister for sake of his mind and self-esteem. He found that getting in his sister's way would most likely end in him crying over her punches or over her mean comments. He was kind of a baby. So that's how Renee ended up on the cheapest and closer flight to San Diego, between two fat guys (no body shaming) who both snored and with a terrible headache. Yeah, that happened a lot. Stress and headaches. Flying solved all that, once she was in the air she was another bird, another molecule of the air and all her worries would fly away. It is kind of incredible that Renee's relief and passion was the one to cause her that annoying irritation. So when the flight attendant repeatedly asked her to put the seat belt on, she sent one of the dirtiest and meanest looks she ever had and that's saying something. Nothing could compare to the look she sent her ballet professor when he told her her posture was wrong after she had worked hours in it or to the look she gave one of her uncles by saying she should settle down and marry because not many man would like a masculine girl.

So when Renee was out of the airport with her long waited bags she was letting the smoke out of her ears. Thinking about all of that made her just annoyed. And to think of all the things she was to do. Get to her new loft, unpack, grocery store, preparation and not to mention the drink she was wishing to have on the Hard Deck. One of those bars her mom took her to when she was still a teenager and made her pass for an adult. Yeah, those were her parents. So then when she went up to top gun she knew the bar completely and how it worked. She patiently did every task on the list trying not to jump everyone who was lacking a brain or decency but it seemed impossible as when some teenage girls asked her why she would use those ray van glasses when they didn't match her face shape. She responded by muttering a million insults not caring if they cared at all. By the time she was at her loft having a shower, she finally felt at peace, in silence, just like she liked it. She dressed in all the clothes her mom had bought her as presents but that never seemed as comfortable as her flying suit. She looked at the mirror to admit her mother had for once fallen in her taste. She had left a jean skirt and a white top but over it a man's shirt to spice things up.

She didn't care she just wanted that goddamn piña colada, so she drives in the car she had rented to the beach where she knew that old friendly bar would still be. She entered it hoping to find it as she did the last time she went with her mom. Calm, people less, good music, and even silent. But instead, she had found it full of navy officers in uniforms and evident ones without uniforms, so she decided to avoid all the heck of people and went close to the bar to order her drink. She saw the lady that was attending was obviously flirting with some old guy. Cringe. So she called and called for help from the bartender but it seemed the old couple wasn't getting their eyes off each other. Until she found that little bell for calling the bartender and she did until the lady stopped eye fucking the guy in the leather jacket. The lady look impressed by her audacity of interrupting her but that was just Renee, just like her mother.

"Can I offer you something?" Asked the lady attending the bar.

"Yeah sure, you have finally stopped eye fucking Ken's grandpa and that means piña coladas for me. Thanks!" She said in her usual mean tone, Penny who had her name engraved in some plaquette looked at her really surprised by the behavior of the young woman but that was Renee; direct and honest and sometimes kind of mean. She immediately sent her helper Stan supposedly to do the piña colada for Renee. But Penny wasn't offended by her behavior, she was kind of intrigued a new person had discovered so much about her in so little time. As she had owned the bar for about almost 3 years and she had never seen Renee, as she thought so.