Ch. 1

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE
... ACE IS BLIND. Our favourite Firestarter, without fire since this is Modern AU, doesn't see a single thing besides black! He wasn't born blind, but well, still thinking of how he lost his sight.

We're starting in Ace's POV and then it will keep switching haha

Humming he walked the last few meters to his house, tapping his white-cane in rhythm to the little song he had stuck in his head. He knew this street part by heart by now, he didn't really need his cane, so why not have fun.

In the building he used the stairs instead of the elevator, they still kind of scared him after he got his cane stuck in the little space between ground and elevator once. Stairs were better. And this was a normal staircase, no funny twirling ones, so he knew what to expect.

At the exact 52nd step he took a right to start walking down the hallway, 16 steps after that he stopped and turned right again. Reaching into his pocket he got out a key and moved a hand forward, slightly missing the keyhole, but finding it moments later. With a smile he entered, closing the door behind him and locking it, it made him feel safer.

He hung his jacket and bag on the coatrack and hung his cane on a little hook next to it. Marco had put it up for him so he didn't need to balance his cane against the wall and it would always be in the exact same spot and in no danger of toppling over. ' It deserves its own spot too ', his boyfriend had said as he was drilling a hole in his wall. Small things like this really made him love the man.

Walking in he moved fingers over a wall until they brushed over the switched and clicked on it, turning on the lights in the apartment... hopefully. He didn't know if they were actually on, he didn't need them, but it wasn't only a habit from before, but also because there had been so many times where Marco had stubbed his toe and Ace finding out later that it was because it had been pitch-black in the room, no lights on, so the man couldn't see.
When he told the other that he could have just let him know it was dark, Marco shyly told him he didn't want to seem rude or anything by turning them on if he had had them off.

So now he just put them on himself, it didn't bother him if they were on or not, and this way Marco wouldn't get scared to death either if he came in and clicked on the lights, only for Ace to be standing right in front of him. 'Cause that's never happened before either... Marco definitely never screamed like a little girl when this event never happened...

Laughing at the memories he walked towards the kitchen, thinking of what to prep for food, Marco would be home in a couple of h- "AH!"

Before even realising what was going on, he harshly hit the ground and was barely able to blindly extend his arms to try and catch himself.

"W-what?"

Looking behind him he tried to find a cause for why he fell, which was an utterly useless thing for him to do. He had felt his foot catch behind something heavy, but there shouldn't be anything there. The closest things should have been de furniture of the living room. Two more steps further and 4 to the left and there would be a couch, one step in front of the couch was their coffee table. But he was sure he didn't walk that far off course to have hit any of them.

When he tried to turn around and feel what he tripped over, he cried out in pain, tears springing to his eyes. Pain was blossoming in his ankle and spreading around the whole area.

He carefully reached down and touched the sore spot, a sob leaving him when he did, it hurt. It hurt so bad. Moving his hand he traced around it, he couldn't feel any wetness, that was good right? No blood then? But he couldn't see if it was discoloured or if anything looked off. It did feel as if it was getting hotter, thicker.