Do-Si-Do and Do-Si-Don't

Start from the beginning

"Thanks"

"And of course on top of the pyramid is my star! Ms. Eden- Rose! Outstanding as always, I have no critiques you never fail to exceed my expectations so well done"

Eden broke out into a  small smile showcasing her adorable dimples, her tired eyes gaining some light back into them. It always felt good when her hard work was seen and appreciated. She often felt like she flew under the radar, her skills were expected by now unlike the others. 

The mothers never celebrated her achievements like they did the other girls. It wouldn't be until years later that they finally realised their mistake.

"Alright onto assignments" Abby announces rubbing her hands together excitedly. "We are competing in Buffalo, New York where we will be attending intensity dance. The group routine is a  Hoe-down and it's entitled 'Country Cuties'. Now everyone will be in this routine. This week is important because this is the week we attend regional's to qualify for the national competition. I need 110% off every single one of you" Abby stated emphasizing on the percentage.

"Now! I am taking a risk that I hope will pay off... Mackenzie you will be the lead dancer in this performance. I am going against my gut instinct to put Eden as the leader so you better perform!"

Mackenzie gulped in nervous her eyes flickering over to the unreachable prodigy. It was going to be a stressful week for them all. 

"You will also be doing a solo"

Melissa grinned widely her daughters were going to be given more screen time. This could be her chance to get a solo for nationals. Maddie and Eden had already cemented their places. 

"Eden you will doing a solo and a duet with Jacob" At these words Eden's face lit up.The boy in question was currently out of studio but would be delighted with the outcome. He would also be dancing for a title at nationals next week.

"Thank you!"

"Alright! that's it for the day, moms if you could leave. Girls start stretching this routine has a lot of tricks, and partner work"

***

The moms sat above the studio watching with critiquing eyes as their girls performed. They weren't used to seeing the whole team perform an acro routine. 

To some girls flexibility just didn't come naturally compared to Eden who could potentially turn herself into a pretzel. The blue eyed stunner tumbled and flipped seamlessly along with the music. The transitions were so smooth that even doing the same choreography as the rest, she stood out. 

"Oh! look at this, look at this!" Jill exclaimed watching Mackenzie walk across the girls for 48 counts. It was a ridiculously hard move to do and Melissa just hoped she wouldn't fall during competition.

"That doesn't seem fair to Mackenzie! I mean why have her do it and potentially ruin the dance. Eden could do 48 counts in her sleep"Kelly thought out loud. Melissa's harsh glare was caught by the camera's as they zoomed up on her face. The moms were never satisfied it was either Eden got too much spotlight or the dance was too hard give the piece to Eden.

"Mackenzie can do it! Abby is giving her a chance. Look she's just done it twice in a row"

"Well I just hope she can do it on stage because if not it's going to be your little girl that gets the blame"

"Just shut up Kelly"

***

The moms make their way into the studio as requested by Abby. Their faces drawn into frowns at her presence.