She shakes her head, wrapping her arms around me. "No, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. It's not Daryl's fault, either. Don't think for one second I'm angry with you. You were trying to protect Daryl and Daryl was upset about Abraham. I understand. What do you need?"

I nod, reaching for my hand-held crossbow. I hold it out for Jamie. He looks curiously between myself and the gift I'm presenting him. He takes it into his grasp reluctantly. "He needs trained. I was never able to master that damn thing. Tori found him by himself, my nephews died saving him from an attack from walkers. He's not going to fight with us, but he needs this for survival."

"Daryl should help with him that." Maggie advises.

Chewing on my lip, "right. I can't take him to the Kingdom. I won't be able to leave Daryl willingly a second time."

"I will." Jesus offers, "maybe I'll try to talk to King Ezekiel, again."

"Are you sure?"

He smiles, "it's no problem."

"Okay." I kneel down, "Jesus is going to take you to my husband. He's a fucking pro at the crossbow. Daryl might be rough around the edges, but he likes kids, so you'll be fine. He's a good guy. He's my own superhero. I wouldn't leave you with anyone I wouldn't trust. I need to go before it gets dark and too late, okay?" He nods, hugging me. "I'll see you soon, I promise."

"Thank you, Miss Vanessa." He grumbles.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay going back by yourself?" Maggie asks, voicing her concerns. "Like you said, it's going to be dark soon, and it's a few hours trip. Maybe you should stay the night."

"I'll be fine. With Daryl missing, I have no doubt they are going to be keeping an eye on me." I promise. But that's always the famous last words, right?

Halfway through my trip, the sun had begun to set

Halfway through my trip, the sun had begun to set. Swearing, unease begins to climb my spine while goosebumps begin to break out along my flesh. I don't like driving in this world at night. For one, my vision is shit. I've always needed glasses, but I never wore them. If I didn't fight it, I would be able to see tonight with no problem. Anything more than several yards away is blurry. I can handle it during the day, but at night, I'm driving blind. I'm so fucked. It's hard to tell the difference between a walker or a street sign. I need to get back to Alexandria as fast as I can.

I feel my eyes begin to cross trying to keep an eye out of any fallen trees or random walker that is stupid enough to end up in the road.

Suddenly, a figure resembling Owen with half of his face burned off appears out of a thin air.

Cursing, I quickly swerve. The truck is introduced to a tree half a second later. Hearing moans nearby causes fear to slice into my soul. Or is that me? My head is thrown against the back of the seat, then forward into the steering will. I lift my head groaning. I try to move my body, but I start to panic when I realize I can't move or get free. I glance up seeing smoke begin to billow out of the engine. Fuck; I'm going to die.

Seconds before it explodes, someone is pulling me free from the truck. I peer up seeing Owen standing above me, but blood begins to block my sight.

"You really are a fucking cunt you know that." He growls. I roll to my stomach, trying to crawl away, but he grabs my feet, dragging me back. I spot a knife tight in his grasp, fear digs it's claws in deeper into my flesh. Screams rip through my soul and throat as he starts to cut into my arms, eventually moving on to my cheek. "You fucked up by giving Negan that file. Look what he did to me!" He snarls. His fist meets my jaw, as my neck twists on impact.

"No." I beg, "please, stop. I'm sorry!"

I feel glass from the crash cutting into my legs and back. I try to shove him off, but every muscle in my body groans under every move. I close my eyes, trying to picture Daryl. I need to get out of this and head to the Kingdom. Or Hilltop. Maybe even the sanctuary. It's the closest option. Fuck, I'm stuck in in the middle of nowhere.

I stumble upright when I feel his weight lift off of me, I break into a run, tripping every few steps trying to head anywhere but here. I'd even take Negan over this right now. I feel hot tears roll down my cheek, I'm never going to see my family, again. I shake my head, trying to shut off the cynical, scared side of me.

"You are not going far, bitch." His laugh reaches my ears. I try to pick up speed but, he comes out of nowhere, kicking my knees in. I moan when my head hits the pavement. My side is met with several kicks. I curl into myself, trying to protect my child. "I'm going to finally fucking kill you and that white trash baby you got growing inside you." I moan every time a fist or a foot connects. "You really think that bastard loves you? He doesn't. He told me that he just felt bad for you. He doesn't want you. I mean, who would? You're broken, and marred by scars. You ain't that beautiful woman I met once upon a time. You're ugly. That redneck barely even fucking likes you."

"You're lying." I cough, feeling liquid filling my lungs.

"Really? He was thrilled to be away from you. We bonded over how fucking pathetic you are. You should've seen his face when I knocked you out. He was happy. The whole thing has been an act." I try to zone out, but I can't help to hang on to his every word. His hands force my stomach to connect to the road as his fingers dig into the hem of my shorts. I'm feeling a paralyzing fear and terror I haven't dealt with in a long time.

"No. No. Not again." I beg, closing my eyes, "please. Please, my baby!"

The sound of shouts and flesh connecting to flesh is the last thing I hear before everything around fades to black.