11

"thanks" they all said to me as i handed them a coke.

"how will i cope?" i asked as they all looked at me, clearly confused.

"whatever" i said.

"no what do you mean?" dustin asked.

"nothing" i said.

i opened the fridge door and noticed the emptiness of it.

"how will i cope?" i said to myself as they all realised i'd struggle financially.

it was pretty obvious my parents wouldn't get back home any time soon, and with the fridge being already half empty, it was already bad in itself.

i sighed, shutting the fridge door violently as dustin jumped.

i looked into many cupboards, trying to find pills to soothe my headache a bit.

i practically looked through every cupboard.

"what are you looking for?" eddie asked as i ignored him, sighing.

"y/n?" suzie said.

"pills" i said.

"for what?" dustin said.

"headache"

i turned to look at them.

"eddie?" dustin said.

"yeah?" he said.

"can you- get some?"

"oh um- yeah yeah- sure" he said, leaving the kitchen as i followed behind him.

i walked to the front door where he followed and opened the front door for him.

"sorry- to hear that your parents are-"

"mhm" i said, just nodding as i avoided eye contact.

he sighed and stepped out of the house as i locked the door behind him.

i walked back to the kitchen island and sat down in the space where eddie sat before.

"so.." suzie said as dustin started shortly after.

"how's you and eddie?" he asked as i layed my head down on the kitchen island.

"um- alright? i guess.." i said.

"be honest" he said, smiling as i sighed.

"hate him" i said, with no filter.

"you hate eddie?" suzie asked.

"yes, i do" i said.

"why?" she asked as dustin interrupted.

"he did her dirty on a party yesterday"

"as in?"

"we played truth or dare and eddies dare was to kiss the prettiest person in the room or something like that, he went up to y/n"

"literally staring into my eyes and smiling, clearly indicating that he wanted to kiss me, but then swung his head towards my best friend and kissed her instead" i said as suzie was a little sad.

"sorry"

"not your fault" i said, sighing again as my headache was still bad, probably even worse than before.

we stayed quiet as the bubbles of the coke were only heard.

eventually there was a knock at the door and i stood up to open it.

it was eddie obviously, no surprise at all.

he smiled and walked in as i locked the door behind me.