My Little Shadow (Peter Pan x Reader)

(I definitely didn't read a neverland story recently and decided I can do it better, but here is my attempt at any rate)

They felt like your only companions in the universe. Like little holes in the darkness of a world that tried to suffocate every little thought and dream you have. The grass was itchy but at least it felt like something beneath you, those itty bitty cuts stinging and itching along your legs as you adjust a little, rubbing them together to ease the itch.

Letting out a sigh that matches the breeze you roll to your side in the grass watching the fireflies take off in protest of your movement. Splaying your hand out to feel the light dusting of water droplets that had started to form while you lay there and the thought crosses your mind that if you were to keep laying there would the water  encase you too? Or would your body heat chase it away?

The tiniest smile manages to cross your face as your eyes stray to the shadows of trees where that water turned ghostly, like the stars had fallen only in shadowed places. Those little holes appeared on earth too apparently, you just had to know how to appreciate them.

Interestingly enough one of them was almost human shaped. It must be dead, the tall stump had fraying bark around the base maybe a beaver had attempted  to take it apart and found the wood too hard to chew through. It bent a little in the breeze, inclining the top to listen to the wind.

You turn back to the sky, watching the stars once more to see the brightest star blinking back, twinkling with its silver light that can outshine anything in this world. 

"Are you lost?"

You gasp, sitting up so fast that your head spins and the sky turns dark for a moment. "Who's there!"

"Sorry." It didn't really seem like an apology, only an excuse for startling you. A sly smirk that glints in the starlight. The shadow had moved, shifted slightly between the trees to reveal a man? Well, sort of a man.

His face was round and boyish, the smirk held a child-like mischief but his eyes held no wonder for the world and that alone gave away his age. Another step into the moonlight only brought into relief how far he truly was from childhood. Leanly muscled and covered in a low cute green shirt, held together only by strap of leather. His legs covered in patched black leather pants and a knife or maybe sword strapped to his side. 

The man looked like he was cosplaying, and you would have laughed if it weren't for the tattoos covering almost every inch of his exposed skin. Crawling up his neck so only his face is bare of the permanent art. Instead, he had a silver bar through an arched eyebrow and messy blonde hair along his forehead creeping for his eyes. In one ear glinted a silver earring like a crescent moon. 

"Who the hell are you?" You ask again once your vision clears properly of those little black spots that like to hint at a faint. 

"I could ask you the same thing weird girl." He teased, that smirk still in place as he crosses his arms over his chest, flexing the muscles and rippling ink across his chest subtly.

"Excuse you?" You scoff, clambering to your feet in irritation. Who was this creep calling weird? "How the hell am I the weird one here! You were the one that creeped up on me out of the woods!" 

"You're the one laying in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night." He counters, that smirk getting beyond irritating in your opinion.

"You still crept up on me though, I was just stargazing dumbass. You were creeping around the woods spying on people." You counter, and his smirk changes just a little, dropping to reveal a tiny bit of what was maybe anger or just annoyance.

"Fine, we are even then." He says, like being even is only second to losing.

"Fine." You grunt back at him.