Doctor x Fem!Depressed!Reader 3

Start from the beginning

There she was on a log by the campfire. She gazed at the flames that licked at logs and sticks in boredom. The gentle breeze blew at her hair and long dress prettily. Herman took note of her wrists and neck that were bandaged up tight and most importantly, healing.

She was safe.

Herman let out a breath he didn't even realise he was holding in with a big exhale. He felt so many emotions that he wasn't used to feeling. They were things that he had shoved down so long ago after becoming a killer. But this woman, she yanked them out of him. Just the sight of her now all healthy and safe nearly made him tear up. That was a terrible nightmare, and he couldn't bear let it happen for real. He would make sure of it.

The Doctor waltzed on out in the open, towards the campfire. Survivors were quick to notice him, and most ran away screaming. The woman watched on in confusion as her friends ran past her to hide behind trees and other shrubbery. She turned her head and her eyes widened at the sight of her boyfriend.

"Herman?!"

She stood from the log and took a few steps towards him. Other survivors watched on in horror from their hiding spots. Herman sped over to her, dropping his weapon on the grass. He threw his muscular arms around her skinny frame and engulfed her in an embrace. Gasps and shocked murmurs rippled through the fog as her friends sat baffled. The woman hesitantly wrapped her own arms around his torso.

"Herman, what're you doing here? What's going on?" She asked.

The Doctor pulled away from her with an uncharacteristically heavy heart. He felt around his coat for a moment.

"Darling, I thought I lost you." He uttered.

"What?" The woman furrowed her brow.

"I had a nightmare. It made me realise how much I love you." Herman explained.

She stared on with concern welling in her eyes. She gently took his calloused hands in hers.

"Honey, it's fine. Everything is okay. I'm not going anywhere, okay? I promise." The woman reassured.

If Herman was able to smile, he would've. He pulled his hand away from hers and shoved it under his coat. She looked away from him for a moment, glancing at the campsite that showed not a single survivor. Some peaked their hands out from behind trees and above bushes.

"I'll explain later, guys." The woman called out nervously.

When she turned back to Herman, her jaw dropped as he kneeled before her. He lifted a small black box up, opening it to reveal a diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?"

Confused and outraged hollers and gasps sounded from the greenery. The pair both ignored them as they were completely wrapped up in each other.

"What?!" The woman exclaimed.

Her hands flung to her mouth as her whole body trembled. Tears of joy pricked her eyes and she tried to hold them in. A shaky smile met her scarred face as she nodded her head.

"Yes, Herman." She said quietly.

Herman sprung up from his position and engulfed her in yet another hug. The woman laughed happily and hugged back without hesitation.

"I love you so much." The Doctor said into her ear.

"I love you too." She beamed.

Father Campbell's Chapel, one week later

The Entity was a strange fiend to behold. It fed off the emotions of all and it was straight loving this. It made an effort to make sure this morbid wedding would happen rather quickly as well. It gathered everyone. The Entity loved a good show. On one side of the chapel, sat all the survivors. They all sported fancy dresses and suits alike. Most had to be strapped down by the Entity itself to make sure they wouldn't try and run. On the other side of the chapel, sat the all the killers. Once again, most were tied down and without their weapons.

Dwight Fairfield stood at the alter, holding a bible and trembling. There next to him, Herman loomed over him wearing a nice vest and tie. Dwight was to marry him and his fiancé tonight. He knew deep down that he had no authority to do such thing but he didn't dare say anything for the sake of his own life. A breath of relief left the poor boy when the chapel doors opened, revealing the bride.

Killers and survivors alike watched in awe as she slowly walked down the aisle. She wore a long gleaming wedding dress that trailed after her extravagantly. The woman smiled shyly and clutched her bouquet close to her chest. Herman gazed at her beauty in a loving daydream that wouldn't seem to go away. She stood in front of him, Dwight still shaking like a leaf.

"Dwight, it's okay." She whispered to the younger man.

Dwight straightened up his poor posture and cleared his throat. "We—we are gathered here today... to witness the joining of two lives... Herman Carter..." Dwight nervously then sputtered out the woman's name. She gave him an encouraging smile to try and boost his confidence. "Let's get on with it, shall we?" He laughed dryly, tugging at his sweaty collar. "Do you, Herman Carter, take this woman to be your 'lawfully' wedded wife, to live together in matrimony, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?" He asked, weaving through crudely written palm cards.

Herman took his mouth guard away from his face, giving the woman a genuine smile for the first time in so long. Her lips too peeled back into a toothy grin that lit up her already glowing face.

"I do." He uttered.

"And do you," Dwight turned to her. "Take this man to be your law—lawfully wedded husband, to live together in matrimony, to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?" He repeated.

"I do." She smiled.

The crowd was silent as Herman and his bride gazed lovingly at each other. The Entity's whispers wafted through the chapel as it purred in glee.

"You may kiss the bride." Dwight squeaked.

Herman grabbed her face and pulled her into a loving kiss. Nobody really knew what to do. They all just kind of sat there with looks of pure horror and confusion on their faces. It wasn't until Ace Visconti, fellow survivor and friend, stood from his seat and began to slowly clap. His clapping soon evolved into pumped up hoops and hollers.

"Yeah!"

Survivors around him hesitantly joined in, clapping their hands and standing from their seats. Soon, all of the survivors were whooping and cheering. They chanted the bride's name, yelling out how they loved and supported her.

Meanwhile, the killers all wanted to kill them.

Herman and his bride walked hand in hand out of the chapel. The survivors and killers (though strictly separated) all watched on as they left happily. They begrudgingly knew now that—whatever just happened—was over, they now had to go back to hurting each other. Herman and his bride on the other hand, were as happy as can be. It made him so ecstatic to see her smiling so genuinely. It was rare in her past, a past he hoped never became present ever again. Herman trailed his hands down her wedding dress, resting them firmly on her waist.

"I love you." He said.

The woman stroked his tie affectionately, admiring the shiny ring on her finger. She then threw her arms around his neck like she always did.

"I love you too, Hermie. We'll be together forever. I promise." She cooed.

The Doctor tearfully pulled her into a loving kiss, clinging to her like she would disappear any second. She giggled into the kiss, finally feeling true happiness.

There was a light at the end of every tunnel, and for her, it was Herman Carter.