The Endgame

I start to hear the sound of sand moving and assume someone else has died and Taweret was retiring to bring them to A'aru, but then I hear voices.

"It wasn't that little." I hear a familiar voice laugh. "Oh my. What do we do to help them?"

"I have their heart." I hear Marc say, before feeling a small weight in my hand. "C'mon kid."

I can blink! Marc's knelt down in front of me, a worried expression turns to joy as the sand falls from my body.

"Fucking idiots." I laugh as Steven wraps us into a group hug.

The bright light from the gates of Osiris starts to grow as the gates open.

"Guys, look. The Gates are open!" Steven says pointing.

"Uh, we might wanna run." I say looking back at the huge wave of sand heading our way.

We start running, Steven and Marc clutching onto each other.

"I'm slowing us down. Just go."

"No, you're not leaving again." I say pulling Marc away from Steven and basically dragging him through the sands.

"Coming through!" Taweret's voice rings out. The huge ship crashes thhraoiigh the wave buying us extra time to get to the upper world. "Osiris, you old softie!"

"Hippo!" Marc yells.

"Let's go!" I say ushering the men through the bright light leading to the upper world.

•••
I open my eyes to a pounding headache. Still lying in my own blood on the floor of the tomb, though now laying on my back.

I look over slowly to see Marc dramatically drop the bullets from his body and suit up, arms stretched out at his sides, like how it was in the temple.

"That was dramatic." I laugh, causing a bit more pain to strike through my head. "Help me up please." I ask stretching my arm up towards him.

Where the hell is Ma'at?"

Marc helps me stand up and I lean against the Sarcophagus for a minute before I almost sends Ma'at.

Out of reflex my arms crocs in front of my face and swing out quickly, my metallic wings extending and retracting.

"And that wasn't dramatic how?" Marc asks, if it weren't for the laughter in his voice I'd think he was being a dick.

"It's not as dramatic as..." I say, mocking his motions.

"Ok, but in my defense.."

"I know, I know, Khonsu is known for his theatrics. Speaking of which, we might want to go find out gods." I say, pulling up the hood that for some reason was rested in my shoulders.

We head out of the tomb and over to some rocks, oddly enough I not only see Ma'at standing there, but a tall mummy with a pigeon skull for a head as well.

"Are you seeing..?" I ask, leaving the blank open for Marc to fill in.

"Ma'at? Yeah, you seeing..?" He copies.

"Khonsu? Yeah." I fill in as we continue to walk up to meet the two Devine standing in front of us.

"Khonsu!" Marc yells, getting his attention

"Ma'at!" Also getting her attention.

"I knew you'd miss me." Khonsu says, a small hint of laughter in his voice.

"Layla turned you down didn't she?" Marc asks.

"Miss me?" Ma'at asks.

"Layla also turned you down, didn't she?" I ask.