Heck's a Heka

{AN: extra long part because I didn't want to stop. Hope you enjoy the extra 1000 words :) }

"Whoa! A bloody Pharaoh!" Steven is obviously amazed at the discovery.

"So what? You think it's a map?" No I think it's a fucking backpack Layla.

"Yeah, well, the eye of Horus is also the eye of mind. Representing the 6 senses, which would line up with the 6 points here." I say.

"So you got the eyebrow that denotes thoughts. Pupil, sight, obviously. This point is, uh, hearing." Steven says pointing to the different lines as he lists them off. "Smell. Touch. And this long line ending in a spiral is the tongue." He finishes, enunciating the word 'tongue' annoyingly.

"The avatar would be Ammit's voice." Layla says.

"So down the tongue we go. Wait- no, that sounds wrong." I should've thought that over before I said it.

Layla and Steven both laugh at my inability to English properly, before we head through the path we've determined as the tongue.

The hall is short and opens up to a large room, with a very high ceiling. In it stands a single table, a few canopic jars set out around it. To the wall I notice carved out rectangles. And finally I notice the single exit, straight across the room.

"Oh wow!" Steven gasps as I look at the paintings currently illuminated by Layla's flashlight.

"Oh, they're Heka Priests. Judging by their mask's and ceremonial stance." Layla says matter-of-factly "they would've been entombed her to protect the pharaoh."

"The heck's a Heka?" I ask genuinely, plus it was fun to say.

"Sorcerers of their time. They've been down here for centuries." Layl says, moving her flashlight down to the rectangular holes.

"Like Doctor-" I was going to say Strange until Layla finished her monologue.

"These must be some of the unlucky souls who crossed their path."

{!MOM Spoiler!}
"I mean- like the Scarlet witch?"
{ spoiler done."

"Right. An impressive send off." Steven says, The bodies are completely wrapped in white cloth, some rope tied around in various places. "Oh, my god. Oh, god. Is that fresh blood? Isn't that little chunks of meaty bits?"

"Ew, what the fuck?" I say bringing my light over to the table he was talking about, sure enough blood and flesh streaked over the engraved markings.

"Oh yeah." Layla mumbles, bending down to observe the canopic jars below. "Oh.."

"Oh what?" I ask, it did not sound like a good 'oh'

She doesn't respond, instead picks up a small tool, with a large hook on the end, which is covered in blood.

"Let's keep moving." She says, motioning her head towards the other door.

"Yeah, sounds good." I respond, the fear ever present in my voice. As we walk towards the door we all stop, at a large trail of slightly dried blood on the floor.

"Um, just a minute. Just a minute. I'm just saying what I see, and I see lots of blood and bones going that way." Steven says, shining his light up a head a bit to reveal a few skeletons. "So I'm just thinking, like, what if there's maybe another... um, there's like another... there's an opening up there. You see that?"

"Yeah." Layla and I both say, straining to see over the balcony.

"Should we check it out?"

"Yeah let's check it out."