WR Files: Toma Mizuka

Start from the beginning

Now, I must carry out orders.

Status Log, March 10, 2007. Only available for certain personnel to read.

4-01 has successfully completed all challenges given. We have a few casualties, but they are only unconscious. Send for medics to get them patched up. As for 4-01, return him to join the other subjects. I will make a report to send to the professor. Awaiting new orders.

- 4-00-10

Status Log, March 20, 2007

Greetings, instructors and researchers assigned to the 4th Generation. The investors are to visit the facility in four days. Please get ready for any and all hazards. The professor will show no mercy to those who will not follow orders precisely. Await your personal orders from the professor himself within the day.

- Castle 

Personal Message, March 20, 2007. From Head Professor to 4-00-10

As one of my most competent personnel, your orders are to guard 4-01 from start to end. Observe him carefully, and make sure he does not commit any mistakes during the investors' visit. The other subjects do not matter, the other instructors will take care of them. I trust you will not fail, but nonetheless, do not disappoint me. 

Personal Message, March 20, 2007. Encrypted message from T.M. to Chairman Sakayanagi

Our deal can go into place. I will somehow get the boy to you, then you must escape immediately. I have received orders to keep an eye on him and him alone, so this is our one and only chance. 

I have failed to try getting other subjects to come with me, but we can at least try to save the professor's son. I beg you to come and help me with this.

Personal Log, March 23, 2007. T.M.

Tomorrow is the big day. The investors will arrive after lunch on a tour led by one of the professor's agents, codenamed "Castle". I've memorized the route that 4-01 and I will be taking. It all falls on if they are there once we arrive. I pray for the success of this plan. 

Status Log, March 25, 2007. 

I regret to inform everyone that the instructor, codenamed 4-00-10, has been disposed of. Due to her betrayal, the professor has showed no mercy to the instructor, despite being one of the most trusted out of all personnel. Please take this as a warning for you; no one is safe from the professor's wrath once you have betrayed his expectations. 

4-00-02, you are to take charge of the 4th Generation from here on out. 4-00-04, please take 4-01 to the professor. You are to be escorted, of course. Everyone is now to return to their duties as normal.

- Castle

Status Log, March 27, 2007

All 4th Generation staff, please report to the professor tomorrow at 0800, he is to arrive at the facility personally so as to have a personnel inspection. The betrayal of 4-00-10 has made him furious. Please conduct proper mannerism and act like you are in your normal line of duty. 

This is not a drill, the head professor is coming himself. Take the subjects to their bedrooms, they will get a rest day due to this issue. 4-00-04, you are to keep watch over them with three guards at your disposal, since the professor has already inspected you. 

- 4-00-02

Status Log, March 30, 2007

4-00-10's kids have been taken care of. Though not disposed of according to precise orders from the professor, they have been confirmed to not have any knowledge of the facility at all. 4-00-04, you are to take ten agents with you and keep watch over those children.

Repeat, 4-00-04, you are to be relieved of your duties in the 4th Generation and re-assigned to espionage with ten other agents, comply immediately.

- Castle

Status Log, March 30, 2007

This is 4-00-04, complying. Will proceed with the mission in two days. Received personal orders from the professor himself, new codename is "Archer". New team is codenamed "Ranger Unit". Awaiting the precise directions to start.

- 4-00-04 (Archer)

Decrypted Log, discovered on April 2, 2007, written on February 28, 2007, by 4-00-10

The children look empty, void of emotion. Exhausted, blank, and helpless. They had no choice but to comply and obey every order the instructors gave them. One in particular, Subject 4-01, seemed to have been breezing through all the challenges, focusing solely on his survival. 

Through close observation and a bit of talking, I have confirmed that 4-01 would be one of the surviving subjects once this generation has been finished. 4-01 himself said to me; "All that matters is surviving, so I threw away my emotions". What an ambitionless thing to say for such a young man. I hope my own son doesn't end up like that, but I will try to help this boy as much as I can. 

- Discovered by Chairman Sakayanagi

Personal Message, April 15, 2007. From Castle to Head Professor

Archer and the rest of Ranger Unit are performing well. The two children have observed the traitor's funeral, and have not done anything to harm the facility's existence. No contact with any peculiar people as of late, however, it has been seen that two of the investors were at the funeral. Indirect contact has been suspected professor, and you may not like who it is that was there.