Chapter 18 ︎︎ ❂︎︎ Chilly Down

Start from the beginning

Jareth takes the note from him. She wrote him a Dear John letter.

"Jareth I am sorry there are a few things I have to do back home. Then I promise you I shall return. Have faith in me. Believe in us. I will return. I swear it. Try not to worry about me. Do not come for me. I will come back, I do not plan to stay, Sarah" he reads out loud.

Everyone gasps.

"SARAH WENT HOME!?" wails Ludo in alarm.

Everyone was upset. Her mother paces the floors.

"I knew she would never marry the likes of you! You ran her off! And now look my baby has returned home" wails her mother.

He frowns. "I don't understand. We have been so happy. Why would Sarah do this on our wedding day? Why would she go home?" 

"She doesn't love the likes of you that is why" snaps her mother. "she could not accept she is a goblin. She had a lot she was dealing with. And now she will never come back"

"You don't know that. She said she will return" says Jareth. 

"But sir once they all go back then never have returned" warns Hoggle sadly. "they are made to think we are not real. And that it was a made-up story. She will forget about us all"

"This can't happen. It can't be true! She loves me. She will return for me" Jareth's declares with anger.

Jareth could not take any more.

His Sarah was going to go back home? Or want to return? Why? Was she not going to be happy here? He had to make sure she was happy here.

He could not let her leave. Tears come to him. This could not be their future. What about the baby they saw Sarah holding? Their baby? He did not understand this future. 

☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎

Meanwhile.....

King Torto locked in the basement with his subjects. 

"This will teach that wicked king to lock us away" laughs Torto's subject Magic Megan his sorcerer fairy. "I am good at messing with minds" 

The fairies all chuckle as Jareth freaks out over his future that was not even going to happen. Little did Jareth know his faith was being tested.

His love for Sarah was not out of the rocky waters until the day they wed. And the fairies knew this. They would do anything to stop Jareth from being happy all because they were unhappy being locked away in a basement of the Kingdome. 

For fairies were wicked little creatures that could not be trusted.

Jareth woke Sarah up with breakfast. She yawns then sits up in his bed. He leans in greeting her with a kiss on the lips. His worries fade a bit as her lips press onto his. Making his heart soar inside. She loved him. 

"Sarah good morning my lovely queen" he softly greets her.

"Good morning, Jareth. What are you doing up so early?" she wonders.

"I had much to prepare for our wedding day. I am so excited to get the wedding planning started" he informs her.

"Mother wants to throw us an engagement party. And a bridal party for me" brags Sarah joyfully.

"Sounds like fun" says Jareth.

She nibbles on a piece of toast as she nods yes. She smiles brightly at him.

"I love parties" she tells him.

"Can I ask you something?" he wonders shyly.

"You can ask me anything my king" she tells him.

"Are you truly happy down here with me?" he asks of her.

She frowns looking confused. "Jareth why do you ask me something like that? We just got engaged to be married" she wonders.

"Sarah, can you answer me?" he demands. "are you happy down here?" 

She nods yes. "I am very happy here with you. I kept telling mother I want to be here by your side for the past few weeks now"

"But do you like living in the underworld" he has to know.

"I love it Jareth" she says. "what is this really about?" she wonders.

"Nothing never mind" he says as he gets up off the bed and walks about the floor.

She gets up out of bed to be at his side.

☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎︎ ✫︎☪︎

"Please tell me my king what bothers you so?" she softly asks as she holds his arm in hers and rests her head on his shoulder.

"I worry Sarah that is all" he tells her. "I can't help but worry my happiness will be ripped from me. It happens all the time" he explains to her.

"I can't be ripped away from you" she points out. "I plan to stay right here"

"I love you, Sarah. You will always be glad you chose to love me. I will make sure of that" he vows to her. "You will never feel alone with me"

"I know this Jareth. Same goes for me" she tells him. She leans up kissing him.

"Can I ask one more thing?" 

"Sure"

"Do you ever have the urge to go back? Back home?" he softly asks.

"Jareth what has gotten into you? This is my home" she declares. She takes him into her arms. "My home is with you. I love you. You made a home for me. With your heart. I was meant to be here"

His heart feels at ease hearing her words. His worries fade away. She kisses him.

Comforting his spirit. She holds him close to her. He pulls her in his embrace. Longing to be closer to her heart. Though she was right there in his arms. 

"I love you, Sarah. You are home now. Never forget that" he softly replies back.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|