Vol. 4, Chapter 2 - Declaration Of War

Start from the beginning

Part 2

(Karma POV)

I was on my home with Kiyotaka. I wanted to stop by at Keyaki Mall for some groceries. While doing so, Ishizaki-kun whisked him away, probably trying to form a group with him or something.

Right now it was 5pm. I'm at Keyaki Mall doing some groceries. I was checking the dairy section, when a voice called out to me.

"Yo, Kohai!"

I turned around and saw Kiryun-senpai approaching me. I haven't seen her in a while.

"Hello Kiryuin-senpai. Did you need something from me?"

"I just came to see how you were doing. You and Ayanokoji never got back to me after I gave you my number. I mean seriously, is that what you do when a lady gives you her number? You just leave them hanging?"

"Ahahaha. That was never our intention senpai. We were just caught up in some other things."

"Well, I suppose you 2nd years were pretty busy with your last exam."

"Ah, so you've heard."

"Mhm. Speaking of which, you and Ayanokoji have been quite the hot topic lately." She said with a suggestive tone. Given that she's a third year, she definitely knows about the deal with Tsukishiro.

"Oh really, senpai? Do tell me more."

She chuckled. "While I would like to tell you, I think I'll leave that up to you to find out, if you haven't already that is." She said that last part while eyeing me intently. Her gaze was sharp, and she gave off a sort of noble aura to her.

"It's fine senpai. I already know. I just wanted to see if you'll croak."

She laughs at my comment. "I knew it. You two truly are interesting."

"Seeing as how were on this topic, is it really okay for you to be seen talking to me out in the open? I mean, I get that we're at the dairy section, but it's not like we're being inconspicuous with our meet up."

"Well it's not like we planned it either. Also, I have no intention in taking part in that crap. Those obsessed with Class A are those with no confidence in their abilities, and like taking the easy route. While I don't mind shortcuts, Class A is just a waste of my time. I'm confident I can take on whatever university throws at me."

Her confidence in one's self is strikingly similar to Koenji's. If she weren't a woman, I might've actually mistaken her for him.

"I suppose you have a point. Still though, the Class A benefits is much too appetizing to not pass up for many. I mean, imagine having to skip University and immediately getting the job you wanted."

"You do have a point, but if it were up to you, would you want it?"

Thinking hard on this, I remembered that talk Korosensei gave us before our first exams.

If the 100% Employment guarantee was your only ticket to anywhere in life, you fail to broaden your own skillset, and fall short behind other people.

Let's say you do manage to graduate from Class A, and receive the 100% Employment benefits. What if that benefit was a one time thing? What happens if you leave your first job and transfer to a different one? Would the next employer still accept you as one of their own?

Imagine if someone below average miraculously graduated from Class A. They can skip college and go get a job at whatever company he so desires. Okay, their application got accepted. Now let's talk about their skillset. If they can't keep up with everyone else, they'll fall short, and it won't be long until they gets sacked from the job.