7.

NICK P.O.V.: After Demi and Joe left the living room, I kneeled beside the toddler and touched her curls. She had my curls, my expressions. It was impossible to say that she wasn't my daughter. I could see Demi in her too. Her hair's color, her big smile, her queen attitude. It was our daughter, and that was for sure.

Nick: so umm, how are you?

Elodie: I'm a princess (I chuckled)

Nick: I'll take that as a fine (She looked at me and small smiled) you're too beautiful (I felt my eyes turn teary before she hugged me tightly)

Elodie: daddy sad (I started crying when she said that and she started sobbing too causing me to stop)

Nick: hey, don't cry babygirl (I stared at her eyes and she sobbed)

Elodie: but daddy sad (I dried her tears and kissed her forehead)

Nick: no, daddy's really happy (she smiled and hugged me again chuckling)

When I heard her chuckles it was just like hearing Demi's laugh, which reminded me of how lonely she must've felt ever since we got apart and she had to take care of Elodie all alone. I know I was supposed to be angry at her, I know I was, but the reality was that Demi did such an amazing job with our daughter all alone, it was impossible to be mad at her. The kitchen room opened and Joe and Demi entered the living room.

Joe: so, this is my beautiful niece, huh? (She smiled and hugged his legs)

Demi: Elodie, let your uncle in peace, respect his space (I glanced at Demi with a smile and then turned my eyes to Joe)

Nick: Elodie, why don't you show your uncle your bedroom? (She nodded and grabbed his hand)

Demi: it's the second door upstairs on the right, but I guess you'll figure it out

Joe: probably (he walked hand in hand with my daughter upstairs and I glanced at Demi)

Demi: I know you hate me, I know I did everything wrong by not telling you but I-

Nick: it's okay. I forgive you (she looked at me with a confused expression and I walked closer to her) I understand your reasons, of course I'm a bit mad because of it but I forgive you...and I can't believe how much of an amazing job you've made with her. She's just as sweet as you've always been

Demi: I wanted her to be as polite as you, unlike me cause I'm really impolite (I nodded with a smile and felt tears in my eyes so I hugged her tightly)

Nick: thank you, you must be the best mom of the world

Demi: I'm sure you'll be the best dad for her

Nick: Demi, would you allow me to take her home with me for a day? I want her to meet everyone in my family and also Priyanka

Demi: Priyanka (she whispered and I grabbed her shoulder)

Nick: it's not that I care about it but I'm still married to her and she has a right to know about my daughter (she nodded and bit her lip)

Demi: look umm, Elodie is really used to be all the time with me, of course you can take her to your house for a day but I think you should ask her if she wants to do it

Nick: okay, I will right now (we walked upstairs and found Joe playing with her on the floor)

Joe: oh hey guys, we're having the most fun ever

Elodie: yay! (We smiled and I kneeled beside Elodie)

Nick: baby, would you like to meet some people? You'll love them all

Elodie: yes

Nick: then we gotta take a bag with toys and clothes for you, do you wanna spend the night with me at my house?

Elodie: but mommy (she said and glanced to Demi)

Demi: Elodie, your dad wants to take you to his house to have a day with you. Mommy will stay at home and you'll go alone

Elodie: no, mommy (she hugged Demi's legs and I bit my lip)

Nick: okay okay, why don't you and your mommy come to have lunch with me and all these people tomorrow? (Elodie glanced at Demi and then nodded at me) you'd like to do that?

Elodie: yes (I smiled and pet her head)

Nick: okay baby, I'll see you tomorrow then (I picked her up and kissed her check before walking downstairs still carrying her)

Demi: you're leaving?

Nick: yes, as much as I'd like to stay with Elodie, I gotta go to my mom's and make a big explanation of this before we have lunch tomorrow (Demi nodded)

Joe: okay so, I'll see you tomorrow Dems (they hugged and after, I kissed Demi's cheek goodbye)

Nick: talk to you later

Demi: sure, bye...oh and good luck (I smiled at her and nodded)

We left the house and climbed up in the car.

Joe: Elodie's so beautiful Nick, you should be grateful for her

Nick: I am, I'm grateful that she's Demi's daughter too

Joe: you don't hate her then?

Nick: I don't, I'm mad I didn't get to spend the first years with Elodie but Demi did an amazing job with her so (we shrugged and he nodded with a smile)

Joe: I can go with you to mom's to explain everything if you want to

Nick: oh, thank you but it's something I gotta do on my own

Joe: okay, call me if you need anything then

Nick: I will, tomorrow I hope to see you and your family at mom's for Elodie's first lunch with us

Joe: we'll be there Nick, don't worry

After leaving Joe at his house, I drove to my mom's. I was nervous about them not taking the news well. They could hate Demi, they could hate me for getting married, they could even hate Elodie for being born out of a marriage and a relationship.

____________________________________________
BRAND NEW CHAPTER FOR YOU MY LOVES. PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE FOR MORE, BYEE