𝐗𝐈𝐗⁺ || 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

"Maria?" Luther, the new recruit, called, not taking his eyes off the cause of his unease. "Are we taking in new people?"

The blonde pushed herself off of the truck-bed and chucked her unfinished cigarette to the ground, marching over to Luther.

Maria peeped through the crack between two boards of the fence. Two big... big men walked alongside the road. Both wore matching jean vests and carried large, lethal weapons- one a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire, the other was a shotgun.

"Shit." Maria pulled her face away from the fence and turned to Robin. "Get the kids inside. Go to the basement," she whispered in an orderly fashion.

Maria turned to the dark skinned man at her side and placed her hand on his arm, "You... you're gonna come with me."

Luther nodded and pulled his gun from its holster, but Maria stopped him with a hand on top of his. "We go in quietly. It's only two of them."

The two stealthily creeped behind the men, Luther behind the one with the bat (this one was the larger of the two thugs, though they were both of good size) and Maria preparing to take the one with the shotgun.

"Man, lemme tell ya. We picked up one the other day, and I bet you he'll be killed by tomorrow. Little shit was annoying as fuck. Wanted to feed him to the Snarlers."

Maria had heard enough and unsheathed her machete, leaping to slit the guy's neck.

═══════════════

Now outside, Maria let her eyebrows furrow. "Where were you?"

Robin stood. "Looking for your ass."

"I went to scope out the area- went to see where those guys came from. Besides, Luther was with me."

Robin wanted to argue with Maria and ask why she didn't wait for more people to go. Instead, she reminded the blonde of something she seemed to be forgetting. "It's like you don't know that one hit to the head will take you out. All it takes, Ria, is one shot, one person in hiding- someone you don't see, to shoot you in the head, for you to be dead and... and I wouldn't know. No one would. You're not invincible, Maria."

"What are we doing?" Robin asked.

"What do you mean?"