"The only thing I am surrounded by, is poor unfortunate souls." He boomed, the ground suddenly shook violently, trees shaking back and forth.

They all watched in confusion before screaming in uncontrolled fear as massive roots emerged from the ground, shooting through the air at the surrounding soldiers.

"Surrounded by nothing but fear!" He cried, watching them scream, plead, and scratch at the roots and vines in vain.

"What fun." Riplash commented, watching the roots and vines pull his enemies into the dark abyss below. "And now for my next trick! I will disappear!" He cried, grabbing a small vial, crushing it in his talons. It exploded into a grey cloud of dust, giving him the time to disappear. As of he vanished into thin air, he was gone.

He chuckled lightly, watching the chaos ensue from a cliffside. Soldiers scrambling to free their trapped bretherin from their vegetation traps.

"Seems worth it to me." He hummed, pulling out the spell book.

Now why were you sent here? He wondered, flipping through the pages of spells, runes, incantations, and...summons?

Summons? I can summon other creatures?

Riplash only knew of one being that could summon creatures that looked like this was the Sun Queen.

Did she know these spells? Did she make this book? What else does she know that might not be in this book?

These questions ran circles around his head, making him want to read more! Flipping through the pages of this old book. Seeing what secrets it held within. Even ingredient spells for different potions. It had it all.

Tracing his claws over several symbols, watching the sparks erupt around his talons in a small awe of the magic this book held.

What else did it hold? What could it possibly be?

He was interrupted by a large force tackling him from behind. Roaring in surprise, he quickly twisted around, kicking off the oncoming foe. He slashed down at his enemy in fury, not caring who it was. But his talons were immediately stopped by a metel cord that wrapped around his arm, pulling it back.

He growled in annoyance, looking back at the one who dared to hold back his attack. Though he couldn't get much of a look due to the darkness and that the figure was cloaked.

"Annoying whelp." He growled, gripping the cord and reefing it back towards himself, pulling the smaller dragon with it.

The bigger one got back up, his fist glowing bright blue before punching eiplash in the chest, sending him flying backwards.

Gravity magic? No way these are more assassins. He thought, readying for another fight.

They looked at each other silently, their black and blue masks reflecting off the moonlight, nodding as they suddenly calmed down, the large ones fists losing their light as the smaller one wrapped up their metel whip.

"Sorry about that amigo. But after what we saw down there, we had to be safe." The large one, a female said. She nodded to her companion.

"Yeah..." The smaller male responded, his head wandering to look around behind riplash.

He narrowed his eyes.

"Well, that is surely a nice way to say hello. Especially since it would've ended with you two missing your lives." Riplash explained, standing calm and ready.

"Hoo! Even creepier in person." The small male said, shivering lightly at he studied Riplash from a distance.

"So who sent you then?" He growled, standing up again as he heard the sentence.