I slipped the long black dress over my head before I glanced in the mirror. The neckline plunged deeply down my chest and the long sleeves hugged my arms tightly before lace lined them at the bottom. I grabbed my heels off of the floor and slipped them on to my feet as well.

I walked back out to Draco's room where he was attempting to button up the cuffs to his black jacket. He finally let out a groan and threw his arms down in defeat when he couldn't do it himself. I giggled lightly at his behavior before I stepped in front of him.

"Here, let me," I chuckled, grabbing his right wrist and butting his jacket for him. I heard him let out a hum, making me glance up at him through my lashes.

He had his bottom lip sucked between his teeth as he eyes me up and down, making my cheeks fill with blush while my lips turned into a smile ever so slightly.

"What?" I mumbled, trying to figure out why he was staring at me that way.

"I am a lucky guy," he whispered, winking at me subtly. He knew just how to make my heart flutter in my chest. I dropped his wrist from my grasp before I rolled my eyes playfully and picked up the other one.

I stared at it for a moment before I slid the sleeve up. I looked at his clean and pale skin before my fingers traced across the veins in his forearm. "Are you going to be scared?" He asked me in a hushed voice, making me stop my movements.

"Of you?" I asked him quietly. He nodded his head slowly; his tongue rolling around on the inside of his cheek. I shook my head at his question before I pulled his sleeve back down and started working on the buttons.

"I feel like even without the mark you've done things that I couldn't even begin to imagine you doing." I told him carefully. "But it's your job... and I love you regardless." I smiled up at him while his eyes stared at me in concentration.

"All done." I confirmed, trying to walk away. He grabbed my waist quickly to stop me in my tracks and planted a kiss on my lips.

"I'm gonna fix my hair really quickly. I have to wait up here until they call for me. I think Blaise is down there already to escort you. I'll be down shortly." He said all at once, giving me a nervous smile. I rubbed his cheek with my palm, making him lean into my touch before he placed his own hand on top of it.

"It's gonna be okay." I reassured him, putting on my best grin. "I'll be there with a big kiss when it's done." I chuckled. He nodded timidly before he turned his head and kissed my palm.

"I love you. So much." He whispered into my skin. I leaned up and laid my lips against his cheek warmly.

"I love you, too." I whispered to him.

I walked towards the door while he grabbed his shiny black dress shoes and made my way downstairs.

"Hello, Mr. Zabini." I said sarcastically in a formal voice, making him turn around and flash me a smile when he heard my voice.

"Man, my date is hot." He chuckled as he looked me up and down. I scoffed once before I took his hand that was extended towards me.

"Watch yourself. Draco's already on edge as it is, I don't want to imagine what he'd do if he heard you talking like that." I told him playfully while we walked through the corridor.

"Shocked he even asked me to be the one escorting you in. However, I can only imagine what he'd do if it was another boy trying to be with you." Blaise snickered. "How nervous is he?" He asked as he sipped on his drink. I gave him a knowing look, making him nod in response. "Figured." He tipped his head as we continued walking.

"There's a lot more people than I was expecting." I told him honestly, looking around at the hundreds that seemed to fill the ball room.

"Price of being second in command. I guarantee you this many won't be at my gathering." Blaise joked as he looked over at me. "You'll be there right? For moral support?" He asked sarcastically with a scared look, slightly teasing at how badly Draco emphasized that he not only wanted but needed me to be here.