Part 16

Aspen

 It seemed strange returning to class after the weekend I just spent with Nico. I couldn't get him out of my mind and classes seemed to drag, nothing making sense. I wonder if he was fixated on me too. I needed to see him, so I texted him to meet me behind the old shower block at lunch. I was nervous. Far more than I should be. 

Lunchtime seemed to take an eternity to arrive, as soon as the bell rang I bolted out of the room and headed straight for the old shower blocks. I paced back and forth for 5 minutes, worry setting in that he wouldn't turn up. I heard footsteps approaching and there he was, coming round the corner. I rush up to him, pushing him against the wall, my lips meeting his in a desperate kiss.

he stalls for a second before joining me in the kiss although he looks surprised when we separate.

"And a good afternoon to you too," he says with a smile.

"Soooo was this all you wanted to meet for, or did you want to discuss something?"

"uh... I don't know is there something you want to discuss? I ask nervousness seeping into my question"

"Well I mean, yeah. Look my mum asked me to see if you'd be willing to tutor me, I'm failing some of my classes and you're a straight-A student.""Not so straight," I say with a chuckle "of course I'll help you." I move in to kiss him again, but he flinches away as we hear people nearby.

I hate to admit his flinch stung even if I did understand and sympathise with his reasons, the sounds turn away and get more distant as I assume the people walk either into or away from the building.

"Sorry Asp, it's just, well I've got an image and you're the only guy I'm gay for. I don't want others to know just yet, not till we figure out what this is."

"I know," I say, and I do know and understand I don't want us outed to the school either, at least not yet but it doesn't make the situation sting any less.

He leans in and plants a gentle kiss on my lips."See you after school?""Well I am your ride" I chuckle"In more ways than one" he winks back. 

My cheeks flush again as I smile and wave goodbye giving him a few minutes to leave so no one sees us leave together, plus I also need a few minutes as my pants are tented out in front of me and I need to cool down.

it took a good fifteen minutes before I was ready to step out from behind the building and walk to the canteen.

By the time I got there, all the good food was gone, so I settled for a limp ham salad and a can of coke, it wasn't exactly gourmet but it would do for a couple of bucks. 

Afternoon classes dragged the same as the mornings had, Nico, taking up most of my focus. God, I was glad there was only a week left before spring break.

my last class was usually my favourite but today I stared at a kid with gum on the bottom of his shoe, it looked like airheads gum and fresh which probably meant he was a smoker because he would have been standing in the smoking area where no bin is nearby.

"Are we paying attention Mr Roaker?" Mr Garret is standing right by my desk."Oh sorry Mr Garret, I had a bad night." I lie, a slight flush on my cheeks. 

"Do try to pay attention."

"sir I don need to I am a week ahead on our school work already," I say regretting my words immediately and fearing detention but he just smiles and leans forward. 

 "yes that is true but it does not set a good example to the more moderately minded members of our class"

I smile and nod, trying hard to focus on the rest of the lesson, or at least appear as though I was.