"I- but... Someone could be in danger. You can go rest, I'm sure you need it, but I have to go." Microphone pulled her hand away as she stepped back, her eyes still trained on the distant ship.

Taco let out a hefty sigh. She did remember the argument that she had with Microphone, about the incredibly similar conversation. She didn't want to argue with Microphone anymore, but she couldn't just let her go off and get herself killed-- not that she doubted her girlfriend's skill.

"You're not going out alone. Who knows what threat the possibility of erhm... Aliens? Brings. I'm going with you."

"Taco, you're still recovering."

"Microphone, I'm going."

She could see the hesitancy in Microphone. She knew it really wouldn't be a good idea for her getting involved in a conflict just after getting out of the hospital, but she refused to leave Mic's side again. Not after everything that's happened.

"Fine. Let's go then." Mic gave in, giving a determined look as the two hurried back out of the woods to get a better scope of the scene, only to watch the ship move from one spot, very slowly to another... What was it doing?

"What are we... Even supposed to do?" Taco's expression shifted to something uneasy as the two of them watched a green beam of light from the bottom of the ship hit the ground, and very slowly lift up two objects that neither of them could recognize from the distance the two stood at.

Microphone took a moment to think, really taking a good look at the ship. That's when it clicked.

"It's here for the egg." Her tone dropped to something serious, and urgent as she began to run, Taco scrambling to follow, not really understanding quite yet, as she struggled to remember the egg at all with her tainted memory, but whatever Microphone was on about, it was urgent. So she went along with it. 

--

Testtube still panicked, keeping up a quick pace as she grabbed her telescope and paralyzer-- just in case, before running up the stairs from her lab to the rest of the base, Fan following behind with both his, and Testtube's phone in hand.

"They aren't responding to my texts," Fan said, his tone worried as he handed Testtube her phone, the two of them making it over to the door, Testtube sending out a text of her own, to no immediate response either.

"This... Isn't good." Testtube's hands shook, but she had barely noticed. This was not the time for her to worry about that when the entire city-- and more importantly her friends, were in danger. Her needs could wait.

Her hand reached for the doorknob of the base, but she stopped for just a moment as Fan placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"We'll get to them in time. Just try not to panic, okay? Maybe try tracking their phone?" Fan gave a small smile, and though he was stressed beyond belief-- even Testtube could see it, he still tried to remain calm, which in turn helped Testtube's panic fade, even just a little bit, as she gave a small nod, holding her own phone to begin tracking where Paintbrush's phone was, it thankfully being in a familiar seeming area, close to the clearing where her and Fan had first met.

"I know where they are. Let's get going." Testtube's expression turned to determination as she looked to the door, swinging it open as the two of them stepped out, to immediately be met by the ship hovering above their base.

"Holy shit--!" Fan yelled out, not having expected THIS, and certainly not having expected it to be above their doorstep. "We-- We're too late," Fan's voice dropped to something more fearful, as the panic now fully shifted to him. 

Testtube, through her new, slight calmness worked quickly, managing to shoot off one bolt of electricity from her weaponized telescope, before the bottom hatch of the ship opened up, immobilizing both of them as it brought them up slowly, both of them dropping their phones to the grass.