𝟎𝟑𝟔: 𝐖𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮.

"I- I don't understand, I thought you were dea- I saw you die

"I- I don't understand, I thought you were dea- I saw you die." Saylor spoke in shock her mouth still hung open, her jaw loose.

"Come on sweetheart, your father is waiting for you inside." Carol spoke sweetly moving towards her daughter to guide her inside by placing a gentle hand on the small of her back.

The brunette wasn't sure if she was more confused about her mother telling her that her dead father was on the ship or the fact she was actually acting like a mother should.

She wasn't yelling, screaming or hurting her, she was simply speaking calmly in a caring and motherly way. Saylor had only ever experienced that behaviour from Mrs Heyward, she had never received it from her own mother.

Carol took her to one of the larger rooms on the ship and stopped just in front of the closed door. "Things are going to be different now, we're going to be a real family." The middle aged ginger haired woman explained holding both Saylors hands in her own. "And I expect you to act as such." She then squeezed the younger girls hands not hard enough to cause pain but enough for Saylor to know it was a warning.

When the door opened Saylor gasped at the sight of Ward Cameron stood smiling towards her and then her heart sank when she realised that's who her mother was referring to when she said her father was waiting for her. She felt stupid for thinking her real dad would be stood on the cargo ship waiting to see her, to finally hold her and tell her he loved her like she had always dreamt of.

Ward took confident steps towards the Routledge girl knowing she was to stunned to move away. Rafe had explained to them everything that had happened at the Warehouse so Ward knew the teen girl was giving in, he knew she would be easier to manipulate then his own daughter that was passed out on the couch a few feet away.

Once he reached her he wrapped his arms around her holding her head against his chest.

Saylor despised herself for it but she slowly raised her arms and wrapped them around his torso. She knew that the memories of the Cameron man being her father weren't real and that they were planted there by her mother to control her but that didn't change the fact that Saylor believed they were real. It didn't change the fact that for a month they would take the boat out together and catch fish with Rafe. She had already lost one father and in that moment she felt as if she gained one back.

Ward sent a smug smile to Carol knowing that Saylor was exactly where they wanted them. She was exhausted, traumatised and searching for help in all the wrong places.

When she stepped away from the hug that's when she saw the sleeping Sarah knocked out cold laid along the ugly green seats. "Is she ok?" Saylor asked as she crouched down to stroke hair from the blondes face.

"Your sister is fine, she's just tired." Ward reassured her. Saylor simply nodded and sat on the seat, lifting Sarah's head before resting it on her lap. "I'm sorry about Tyler."

The all to familiar pain of loss swarmed in her stomach at the mention of his name. "Wha- what."

"Rafe told us what happened." Carol explained kneeling down in front of her daughter placing her hands on her knees to balance. "We know that bullet was meant for you."

Tears sprung to her eyes and her stomach churned with guilt.

The bullet was meant for her.

"We can keep them safe." Ward joined in now squatting beside Carol. "Is that what you want Saylor? You want your friends safe?... your brother safe?"

Saylors nodded her head causing the tears to fall down her cheeks.

"I can do that. If you stay here with us, where you belong. They won't get hurt." Ward told her smiling to himself at the power those three sentences bought him. It made him sound the hero, not the cold blooded villain he actually was.

The Routledge girls lip trembled as she cried. She had been selfish, everyone around her got hurt because of her, it was her fault. All she had to do was stay away. "I'm sorry" she apologised. "I never meant to hurt anyone."

"Oh sweetheart." Carol cooed. "We know you didn't do it on purpose, we just want to help you so it doesn't happen again. We love you."

"You- you do?"

Not once had Carol told her she loved her.

"I do."

Saylors heart bulged at the words. For the longest time all she ever wanted was for Carol to love her, to have her approval and she finally had it.

"I love you too mom." Saylor smiled showing her teeth, tears still falling down her face as she leant forward and wrapped her arms around her mothers neck.

Her mother that loved her.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·