𝟎𝟏𝟖: 𝐃𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥.

"When I got to the tarmac, I saw the sheriff lying dead on the ground

"When I got to the tarmac, I saw the sheriff lying dead on the ground. And then Ward asked me to fly the gold to Nassau and dispose of the gun. He's protecting his son. It was Rafe Cameron who killed Sheriff Peterkin. I gotta be honest with you. I'm terrified. If anything happens to me, I'm telling you, it was Ward Cameron. He's the one who did it!"

Gavins voice came from the tape recorder filling the Sherifs office.

"I told you, Shoupe.Ward killed my father and Gavin, and now you know Rafe killed Peterkin." John Bs voice was stern and held a noticeable anger. After months on the run and being accused of crimes he didn't commit he finally had proof of his innocence.

The twins could finally get justice for their father.

"Yeah. I know, kid. I know." Shoupe nodded.

Saylors head was reeling, she wanted to get justice for not only her father but herself and that's why she spoke before everyone dismissed themselves. "I didn't fall"

Everyone's attention was on the Routledge girl not knowing what she was talking about. Saylor grabbed JJs hand in her hers before continuing.

"They told you I hit my head falling down the stairs" She reminded Shoupe who nodded slowly. "I didn't fall."

The brunette closed her eyes recollecting the memory which caused her so much pain.

"Carol she er- she smashed my head into the kitchen counter." She revealed and JJ gave her hand a squeeze. "There's a chip on the back left corner if you don't believe me."

Saylor was used to people not believing her so she always felt the need to defend and provide proof for anything she says.

"Thank you for telling me that" Shoupe smiled. "But I need to ask for your help."

"My help?" Saylor rose an eyebrow.

"Miss Routledge, we have a plan to detain Rafe Cameron and we believe your help is necessary" FBI agent Bratchet explained.

"Whoah, why do you need Saylor for that?" JJ asked protectively, he didn't want her anyway near Rafe or in a position where she felt uncomfortable.

"Rafe cares for you, he won't be suspicious"

Saylor let out a scoff as the sentence 'Rafe cares for you' left the man's mouth.

She didn't want to be anywhere near Rafe but she needed him behind bars, she knew everyone including herself would be safer this way.

"I'll do it"

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to" John B told her not wanting her to feel pressured into it.

"No, it's ok. I want to" She reassured.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·