𝟎𝟑𝟏: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬.

After what felt like years of sprinting the 5 Pogues arrived back at the church

After what felt like years of sprinting the 5 Pogues arrived back at the church. Pope and JJ were the first to place their hands on the heavy wooden door and push it open, both of them with different priorities.

The Heyward boy was so hyper fixated on his family cross that Saylor was only a passing thought which quickly got discarded. He figured he was allowed to be a little selfish and he knew that Saylor was usually the one to encourage that exact behaviour.

The blonde however couldn't think of anything except the 5'6 brunette haired brown eyed girl they had left behind. From the second they left her alone at the church he had a sense of dread in the pit of his stomach which he couldn't shake. He wanted nothing more than to go back but he knew she wouldn't forgive him for leaving Pope.

As expected when the Church was fully revealed there was no sign of the cross or the Routledge girl.

"Fuck!" JJ kicked one of the pews in frustration.

"Waves?" John B called out as he used his eyes to scan over every inch of the church.

"We need a plan. We need a plan. What's the plan?" JJ rambled breathing heavy as he ran a stressed hand through his hair.

"Denmark would've stood right here." Pope announced gaining everyones attention making them turn to face him as he stood at the alter. "Preaching to everyone he set free. A slave, the sole survivor of the Royal Merchant, he got the gold and the cross, and he brought them both to shore and used it to free every person who walked through those doors. He made a church, a family, a congregation. A home." He took a short pause to gather his thoughts as his anger rose. "And the Limbreys took everything from him. They sicced dogs on his wife and his kids, and when he tried to get her remains, they hung him. Well, I'm done. I'm tired of that shit. That is not how this is gonna end. We need a freaking win, guys. I'm going to get my family's cross. And I'm going to get my best friend back." He concluded as he walked between his friends and toward the church door. "You guys coming?"

"Well, if you put it that way..." John B began.

"Maybe we should think about it, you know?" JJ nodded along.

"Pros and cons?" John B asked jokingly.

"Pros and cons list." The blonde agreed. "Hell yeah we're coming Pope! Gotta get my girl!" JJ cheered pushing the backpack further up his back.

Sarah was closing the door behind her when she saw the familiar Lock Screen of her phone light up from its position on the floor. For a split second her brows pulled together in confusion before she remembered Saylor was the last person to have the phone.

The others had made it a short distance when they realised Sarah was no longer with them they turned only to see her stood in the church doorway her face illuminated by the light of her phone.

"Sarah? What's wrong?" John B asked her concerned as they all made their way back to her.

"I-" Sarah shook her head deciding not to respond as she typed her password into her phone.

When the phone opened a photo of Saylor with a mischievous smile and a big thumbs up filled the screen as she posed in front of the cross. The rest of the group laughed lightly at the pictures but their smiles instantly fell when Sarah swiped to the right and clicked play on a video.

Nothing could be seen in the video as the phone had been laid on the floor facing the ceiling but the audio was loud and clear.

"𝙍𝘼𝙁𝙀! 𝙉𝙊! 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙋! 𝙇𝙀𝙏 𝙈𝙀 𝙂𝙊!" Saylors screams once again filled the room. Only this time it came from the small IPhone speaker rather than the girl herself.

Everyone's faces pailed, they had seen Renfield but they had no idea that Rafe had been at the Church too.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·