𝟎𝟐𝟗: 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐞.

Their celebrating was cut short when Pope began hitting at his skin when the wasps decided to stop minding their own business

"Pope stop, your making them angry" Saylor called up to him as he kept swinging his arms around trying to fight them.

"Okay, they're really stinging now, ow!" Pope complained ignoring everything Saylor had said as he shifted his body in every direction trying to swat them away.

"No one ever listens to me" Saylor whispered to herself slightly annoyed.

Pope then lost his balance, slipping over the side of the wood and the only thing ensuring he didn't fall was two of his fingers that had a death grip on the wooden beam.

"P! What I said earlier about you not being Peter Parker... I lied. Your Spider-Man, manifest it with me" Saylor rambled the weed still clear in her system as she tried to convince Pope he can hold on. "I SAID SAY IT WITH ME!" She yelled stressed.

"I'M SPIDER-MAN!" Pope screamed back as the others rushed around to move the pillows on the floor below. "I'm spider man, I'm Spider-Man" he kept reciting. "I'm spider- WHOAH, IM SLIPPING!"

His fingers then lost their gorilla grip and he plummeted down from the beam, luckily landing on the cushions that were placed on the ground.

"Pope, are you okay?" Kie asked as they all hurried to help him up.

Pope didn't respond to the question as his eyes shot open. The golden cross fell down landing on the cushions narrowly allowing Pope to role out of the way and the others to step back.

"P? Are you hurt?" Saylor was the first to rush over to him her eyes scanning over his body.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just give me, like, one second to, like, catch my breath." Pope breathed heavily as Saylor wrapped her arms around him and pulled his head into her chest.

"Please don't fall from anymore church ceilings" The Routledge girl requested kissing the crown of his head.

"You did it, Pope." John B gushed as they all looked mesmerized by the cross.

"Pope, she's beautiful." JJ gasped as he looked over it.

"I've never seen anything like it." Sarah laughed.

"Denmark is proud" Saylor smiled at Pope knowing how much finding the cross meant to his family.

"Well, here's why Limbrey wanted that key so bad." John B said as he looked at the keyhole.

"How much you think she's worth? Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking like high billions." JJ spoke quickly as
excitement bubbled within.

"No, this belongs in a museum." John B counteracted.

"So no one sees her?" JJ asked John B in disbelief.

"In a museum where everybody sees it." John B shook his head.

"Hey! It's my ancestors' cross." Pope cut in silencing them both. "This is bigger than money, and the worlds gotta know the truth." Pope breathed heavily gripping the onto the bench.

"Yes. And if we don't get this shit out of here before Limbrey gets here, nobody's gonna know. So saddle up." John B announced moving to the base of the cross.

The pogues worked as a group grabbing different sides of the cross "John B, you're gonna pull, all right? Pull down."

"I'm gonna pull down. You guys pull up. Ready? One, two, three." John B guided as the six all attempted carry a 7 foot pure gold cross covered in Jules out of the abandoned church.

"Okay, guys. I can't, I can't." Pope huffed as he lowered his side of the cross.

"No, no, no, no!"

"Pope! Hang in there! No, no, no."

The cross fell back on the floor once they all let go.

"Damn it, yo! You almost dropped it on my foot!" JJ shouted at Sarah.

"Cause I'm the only one lifting it!" Sarah defended herself.

"Oh, you were the only one lifting it? So what was I doing? Just looking pretty?" Saylor scoffed.

"Okay, okay, okay! Listen, we'll make like a sling, like a little-" John B began formulating a plan.

"Yeah, and then we put it on the tail hitch." JJ nodded in agreement.

"Guys! I'm not okay. I'm not okay." Pope announced as he clutched his chest his voice strained. As he sat down his swollen and blotchy face became noticeable to his friends.

"You don't look too good bro." JJ said as they crowded him in a panic.

"The wasps... how could I be so stupid." Saylor scolded herself for forgetting the one thing Mrs Heyward always told her to keep Pope away from. "He's allergic to wasps" she informed the rest of them.

'"I can't-" Pope gasped for air before he collapsed.

Kie and John B pulled one of his arms over each of their shoulders and began hoisting him out of the church. "JJ, try and hide it." John B said, referring to the cross as they all lifted Pope out of the building.

"Wait!" Saylor called quickly stepping in front of John B and Kie. She placed a kiss on Popes forehead muttering a quick I love you before promising him she will keep his family legacy safe.

"What are you doing?" Her twin asked confused.

"I'm staying with the cross" she informed him and cut him of when he opened his mouth the argue. "There's not time to argue about this" she pushed at his shoulders urging him to move forward.

"Okay, okay!" Kie nodded moving towards her car.

"Are you sure?" JJ asked having a bad feeling at the pit of his stomach.

"Certain" Saylor responded placing a kiss on his lips which the blonde deepened by pulling her closer by her waist.

"See you in a bit?" He questioned as he pulled away.

"In a bit"

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·