Chapter 21

Ari POV

We are discussing Louise and Mary as Luke runs towards us. He has a frown sketched on his face and he's alone.
"Where's Ashton?"
His expression softens slightly but he still seems angry. Michael and Kayla shrug whilst Tess looks worried. Luke grabs my wrist and motions for the rest to follow. My feet stumble across the grounds as I try to keep myself up. Tess is behind due to Michael tripping her up, accidentally of course. We arrive at the hall near the bathroom and I see Ashton. I'm about to run to him when I see a girl with him.
"Ashton?"
He spins round and his eyes open wide, my mouth drops into an O shape just when Tess catches up.
"Hey! Michael why did you-"
"Hi Tess"
We all turn to the new girl and she smiles at us innocently.
"Do you remember me?"
The short girl flips her long hair out the way and Tess gasps.
"April.."
"Awh so you do! It's like a family reunion! We are missing a few people though, right?"
"What the hell are you doing here?!"
I look to Kayla and Michael who look just as confused as I do. Ashton's stare makes my face heat up but I don't pay attention to him. The April girl laughs and I glare at her.
"My boyfriend Ash invited me, now who have we got here? Emo guy with coloured hair.. Girl who had babies hmm Ashton's side girl and the love birds"
Tess steps closer to April and Luke holds her shoulder to stop something happening. Kayla is clenching her fists and if looks could kill April would be dead.
"Oh where's Penny again?"
"You killed her..."
Wait. April killed Penny?
"Almost forgot" she paused to laugh "Where's that waste of space Romeo... What's his name.. Calum?"
Luke growls and walks forward.
"Don't speak of him you piece of trash!"
He's getting dangerously close but Michael steps in and tells us all to leave it and go home.
"Just letting you know, Juliet wants me to finish what she started so I'm warning you now Tess"
Things start to piece together in my head but I'm still confused. All I know is that Ashton is never coming near me again. April waves and walks out leaving us all in silence. Luke takes my hand and wraps his arm round Tess.
"Let's go home girls, I think we all need to relax after what happened today"
In the car park Kayla and Michael get in their car and speed off whilst Tess and Luke get in their car.
"Come on Ari, hop in!"
I nod thankfully and settle in the vehicle. Ashton looks through the window and asks Luke to roll it down.
"Yes?"
"Um can I have a lift mate?"
"No"
He rolls it back up and we drive off without him.

Tess POV

Once we get home Luke makes us some tea. The kettle ticks and he gets the cups, my phone buzzes as soon as he leaves.

Unknown Number :

You probably know who it is if you don't then just to let you know it's April. I have a special team to watch over you starting from tomorrow so keep guard.
Sleep well Tess :)

I sprint to the kitchen and give Luke the phone. His eyes examine the text and he blocks the number before smashing the cup and walking past me. I try to catch him but he puts on his coat and exits the house, slamming the door with a thud. I manage to open the door and I see that the car is gone. My hands turn clammy as I grab my phone, I ring his number but he won't pick up.
"Luke what the hell are you doing!"
I throw the phone and go to the bedroom. My pajamas are folded on the drawers, and Luke's are on the bed. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth, I may as well ignore that Luke left. He will be back. He's probably visiting his mum. Or brothers. Yeah.
I get changed and lay down in bed. It feels cold without Luke next to me, I have no one to cuddle.
I'm awoken to the bedroom door closing and the light flicking on.
"Luke!"
I get a better look and see he has blood on his hands.
"What have you done..."