Chapter 18

A/N- I'm sorry for what I'm about to write 🙈 I recommend listening to 'Hurt' by Christina Aguilera but if you can't then don't worry. Before you read this please note this may somehow be triggering but I don't really know.

Calum's POV

The walk back from the hospital was slow and gave me time to think. Mainly about Penny. I can't help it, she meant the world to me, she still does. The way she would smile and her eyes would crinkle. The way she would look at you as if you were the only one in the room. I know what your thinking 'but you only knew her for a couple of days'. Those couple of days were everything I've ever wanted. My family told me I was being stupid.
"Love? Ha.. You can't be in love Calum, stop being silly"
Tess is the only one that understands, the only one who knows what I'm going through. As I step into my apartment I start to tear up again. I won't be able to sleep. I haven't been able to for the past week. All of my dreams are about Penny and all of my nightmares are about her too. I'm about to get a glass of water when I hear someone.
"I love you Calum"
"Penny?"
I drop the glass and turn around quickly, maybe she's here maybe this is a lie. I can hear tiny footsteps in the living room, so I run there.
"Where are you Penny!"
Her laugh rings in my ears and I spin around hopelessly trying to see her. The laugh is innocent and pure but the way it's drilling through my head makes it sound menacing and evil. The picture of her falls on the fireplace and there's a smash upstairs. I'm about to go up there when I see her. She's pale and wearing the dress that was in my dream.
"Is it really you?"
But now she's sad and her cries are pounding in my head. I go to hug her to make her feel better but she disappears.
"I'm sorry Cal"
"Where are you?!"
Tears pour out my eyes as I run up the stairs. The door of my bedroom swings open and I look inside. She is sitting on my bed smiling at me.
"Penny I love you, stay please!"
Her head shakes and she starts to disappear again. My heart beats furiously as I collapse on the floor crying. I need to see her again, I need to be with her. The bathroom door opens and I crawl over to it. Tablets. My medicine cupboard slams open. I grab the sink and pull myself up. I know what to do. First I write a note and then I can see her. The pen scribbles against the paper as I rush a quick letter before laying it on my pillow.
I tremor in fear whilst I hold the tablets in my hand.
"I'll see you soon love"
And with that I swallow them. All of them. My body stops shaking and I slump against the wall as I fall back. Everything is numb. Everything fades away.
I feel a small hand take hold of mine and I open my eyes. I am in a field that was in my dream and to my left sits my darling girlfriend Penny. She smiles and takes me for a walk. We end up at a small bridge and beyond it is just a bright light. Almost like the sun.
"Let's go"
And with that we fade into the light, to where we belong together.