Chapter 8

Luke POV

Silence. No laughs. No gossip. No jokes. It feels as if the world was mute.
I knew who the man was. The one who hurt Tess. Juliet's boyfriend. How had I not seen her evil plots?
"She could be dead"
I look up and stare at Penny.
"She won't be"
"Luke she was ice cold and not breathing-"
"Shutup!"
I shoot up from my seat and pace around. Penny had shrunk back into Calum. My beautiful girlfriend was in surgery, she has been for the past hour. The clock is tormenting me
Tick tock, tick tock
"Mr. Hemmings"
I nearly jump 10 feet in the air with both excitement and fear.
"Yes sir, is she okay?"
"She is breathing, nothing terribly serious"
Nothing serious? She was strangled! She stopped breathing! She nearly died!
I push past him and sprint to her door. Number 304.
"300,302,304!"
Her fragile frame lays peacefully still on the bed. The heart monitor is the only physical sign that she is actually alive. I take small steps towards her and kiss her frozen hand. Intertwining our fingers as I fall helplessly onto the visitor chair.
"De ja vu" I chuckle bitterly.
Penny stands opposite me looking down, Calum has his arm round her comfortingly. Tears land on the frail girl infront of me as I kiss her head.
"Please Tess, please wake up"
"I'm sorry Luke about what I said" Penny whispers, all I do is nod as I play with Tess' hair.
"Ari and Ashton are on their way. And Kayla and Michael are downstairs in the canteen."
Calum says, more to Penny than me, I still just nod.
Tess' hand flinches slightly and my eyes dart to her face. Her eyelids flutter and suddenly open so I'm met with her bright eyes.
"Luke?"
"Tess!"
"Did you wait for me?"
"Of course I did... I love you"
"I love you too"
I envelope her body in a tight hold.
"Penny!"
"Sis!"
I smile at her and promise I will never leave her side.

Kayla POV

"Michael, Tess is breathing!"
I clap excitedly and latch myself onto his arm.
"Can we see her! Can we! Can we!"
He laughs and links our arms together.
"You do realise they are only upstairs right?"
I nod and pull him up the stairs. Before we enter he puts both hands either side of my face and leans in attaching our lips. I enjoy it for about 10 seconds but I feel a weird pain in my stomach. I pull back and wince. He notices and touches my belly where my hand rests.
"Kayla are you okay?"
"No I'm-"
My body jerks forward as I throw up my food. Michael gasps and Penny opens the door.
"What-oh my god someone get a nurse!" She yells, grabbing the attention of Tess.
"It's fine it's ju-"
I'm again cut off by more sick. Michael looks horrified. I clutch my stomach and start to sob.
"My tummy hurts!" I wail as a young nurse runs over and brings me and Michael to another room.

Penny POV

Once Kayla and Michael are taken away I turn back to see Calum closer than expected. I smile sweetly and move to stand next to my sister.
"Hey guys do you mind if I speak to Tess alone?"
I sigh and exit with Calum. When the door closes we see the sick is cleared up. He grins.
"Did that kiss mean anything?"
He blurts out blushing. We kissed? I don't remember that? Was I that drunk?
"Um..I don't remember"
His face falls and the cheeky smile disappears.
"Oh shall we try again?"
I bite my lip and nod, he pushes me gently against the wall and kisses me. It is full of passion and love? I open my eyes just in time to see Michael running past. I shout his name and drag Calum with me to chase him. He turns around and his face is flushed. Had he been crying?
"It's Kayla-"
"Is she okay?" I say quickly.
"She..she's..she's pregnant"