S2 E11: Kō No Mono

Season 2, Episode 11: Kō No Mono

Companion Songs: "Arsonist's Lullabye" by Hozier and "Liebestod" from the opera Tristan and Isolde.

"All you have is your fire

And the place you need to reach

Don't you ever tame your demons

But always keep 'em on a leash

When I was a man I thought it ended

When I knew love's perfect ache

But my peace has always depended

On all the ashes in my wake..."

This scene happens directly after the dinner between Will and Hannibal where they, ahm, very sexily, eat the ortolans. Hannibal says, "Yes. You must understand that blood and breath are only elements undergoing change to fuel your radiance. Just as a source of light is burning."

Hannibal's dessert of honeyed figs was delicious, as Will knew it would be, but after the debauchery of the little birds, the taste of cruelty and sin and excess, the final course was pale in comparison. Hannibal acknowledged it himself. "Though it's a breach of protocol, I should have served the ortolans last, don't you think?"

"Maybe." Will helped him carry a few things back to the kitchen. "I, ah, can think of another course we could have."

"I thought the same." Hannibal smiled at him in his periphery as he stacked plates next to the sink and arranged the washing neatly before abandoning it. He dipped his finger in the last remnants of honey fig sauce and came close to Will, pressing it against his lips. Will murmured a small, pleasured sound, taking Hannibal's hand and holding it still so he could draw his finger in further before slowly letting it out.

"Come upstairs," Hannibal suggested, and Will nodded, nerves already fiery in anticipation, the blaze in him fed by the memory of Hannibal watching him put the entire songbird in his mouth before doing the same, the crunching of the bones, the delicious depravity of it all. Ending life just to end it, to have something delectable, if only for a few moments, purely for the capricious pleasure.

Hannibal settled into one of the chairs by the fireplace and crossed his legs, resting his folded hands against his knee. "Take your clothes off, Will."

"Don't have to tell me twice." The tension had been building for hours and God, something about those fucking birds–

Will stepped out of his shoes and stripped off his charcoal blazer, tossing it over the back of the other chair. Keeping easy eye contact with Hannibal, he half-smiled, a coy expression, and unbuttoned his cuffs, then his shirt, slowly, watching Hannibal watch him. He drew it carefully from his shoulders, stripped his arms free and tossed it on top of the jacket. Unbuckling his belt, he stepped out of his trousers and added them to the pile, then hooked his thumbs in the waistband of his underwear.

"That's far enough." Hannibal's eyes glimmered in appreciation as they climbed over Will from toes to eyes and back again.

"I'm thinking you should take these off," Will said, reaching down and brushing his hand over himself, just for a moment, then gesturing to the underwear. "With your teeth."

Hannibal stood and closed the distance. Will rested his hands on Hannibal's shoulders, daring to twist the fine tan and red-striped fabric in his grip, leaning in for a kiss. Hannibal gave it to him as he slid a hand from Will's navel to his clavicle, but it was brief, and he pulled away. Will turned, furrowing his brow, as Hannibal crossed the room to the closet. Hanging on the back of the door were two tuxedos with pristine white shirts, complete with black bow ties.