S2 E6: Futamono

Companion Song: "Eyes on Fire" – Blue Foundation

"I'll seek you out

Flay you alive

One more word and you won't survive

And I'm not scared

Of your stolen power

I see right through you any hour

I won't soothe your pain

I won't ease your strain

You'll be waiting in vain

I got nothing for you to gain

I'm taking it slow

Feeding my flame

Shuffling the cards of your game

And just in time

In the right place

Suddenly, I will play my ace...

Eyes on fire

Your spine is ablaze

Felling any foe with my gaze

And just in time

In the right place

Steadily emerging with grace"

Well, the cat's out of the bag. Will tried to kill Hannibal by sending Matthew Brown after him. However, a tip from Abel Gideon leads Alana and Jack to search for Hannibal. They find him and save him at the last moment. At the beginning of Episode 6, Hannibal is composing a piece of music that is going to help him "digest" what happened. Later, he has Alana over to help him assemble some shish kebabs... made of hearts. This scene happens in the wee hours of the morning after that evening's dinner date.

"Wake up, Mr. Graham."

Will opened his eyes and sat up on his lumpy bunk. He hadn't been asleep. He hadn't slept since he'd asked Matthew Brown to kill Hannibal. His mind wouldn't rest, a fire blazing within fuelled by contradictory thoughts and wild emotions. For the first time since the encephalitis, he felt genuinely crazy, completely out of touch, on the brink of violence.

"I'm not going," he said, ignoring the white-coated orderlies at his door.

"Please don't make a scene."

"Why not?" Will got out of bed and stood to challenge them. His voice was hoarse and his eyes felt hot, gritty.

Sully responded by flicking open his baton.

"I'd love for you to try." He could almost smell the blood he'd spill from these two pieces of shit before they beat him senseless.

Ed put his fingers on Sully's wrist, the one attached to the hand with the baton, a halting gesture. "He won't like that," he murmured, too softly for the microphones to hear.

"Yeah, well, if we don't deliver, we don't get paid," Sully hissed back. "And I got child support payments."

"You've spawned?" Will sneered, lip curling in disgust. "Was she your first or second cousin?"

"Shut the fuck up–"

Again, Ed put a calming hand on the smaller man, soothing his dog. He withdrew a notepad from his breast pocket and wrote a message, then held up the notebook clandestinely for Will to see.