Chapter 5: I have to Bring a Swimsuit

RHEA

So far, all the classes have been pretty okay. River started taking notes as soon as the classes began, jotting down anything and everything the teacher said. And somehow, his handwriting is still legible. Maybe it's because of the font...I mean, cursive like mine is a little difficult to read at times.

We have pretty normal subjects like Math, Chemistry, Biology, History, and Creative Writing. Apart from History and Math, everything else is...pretty basic, to be honest. Maybe because society hasn't made enough progress to discover more complicated Chemistry and Biology stuff? Also, the funny thing is: Physics doesn't exist.

When the teachers were explaining things, I was prepared for the worst, thinking I'd have to learn much more complicated stuff. This is a lot better. Well, except for History. The history of the game is different from Earth's history, after all.

Apart from that, we have Etiquette lessons (I hate the teacher there, she's so toxic) and P.E. It's kind of strange. I was expecting River and me to have some sort of Magic Lessons class as well because we, you know, have magic.

"Alright, students. My name is Samuel Jones and I will be your P.E. instructor this year. Today you will all run three laps around the field and then you are free to do whatever you like. Your time starts...now."

The boys started running like crazy, like every one of them was trying to show off who was the fastest. Maybe to impress the girls. They're at that age, aren't they? Well, I'm at that age too, but I couldn't run fast to save my life so I just go slow.

I observe the other people around me. No, actually, almost everyone has left me behind. It's sad, but if I put in the effort, I could catch up to them. I just have no motivation right now.

"How the hell are these people running so fast?" an extremely familiar voice sounds in my ears. I look at the only person who is running slower than I am. Beatrice Beauregard. How this girl runs fast enough to save her life in the future chapters of the game, I don't know.

"I have no idea," I tell her. That prompts her to look at me.

...The game doesn't do her justice. She is so much prettier in real life...

"What's your name?" she asks.

"Rhe-" oh wait I'm not Rhea, "Daniella," I say. I need to get used to being called Daniella now, huh...

"Redaniella?" Beatrice asks.

"Daniella," I correct myself.

"...You're running very slow." she says.

"You're running slower than me, you know."

"I know."

"Are you just glad because there's someone in this world who runs as slow as you?"

"Are those my thoughts or yours?"

She got me there.

"Would I be wrong if I said both?"

"Nope, you would be absolutely correct. I am glad that someone runs as slow as I do. It saves me the boredom during P.E."

"Well," I start and then realize something, " I introduced myself, but you didn't introduce yourself."

"Oh, that's right! I'm Beatrice Beauregard, nice to meet you, Redaniella."

"Aren't I your companion for the eternal torture of P.E.? Show my name some respect."

She laughs, "Of course, that's my fault. I am tremendously sorry, dearest companion. Please forgive my insolence."

"Hmph, you are forgiven."

River better watch out or the spot of my best friend is going to be snatched away by this girl. Actually, no it isn't. Bros before hoes in all dimensions.

But she's fun to talk to. And she likes cats (which is something I knew from before, but oh well). At this point, we have almost completed the three laps.

"She wakes me up every morning by clawing at my feet," Beatrice laughs. She is talking about her pet cat (who'll later turn into her familiar) and it's antics. It makes me a little jealous. I've always wanted a pet. Literally any pet. Just, a pet.

"I wish I had a cat," I sigh.

"You can come over to my house some day and I'll introduce you to my cat!" Beatrice suggests with sparkling eyes.

"Yes. Absolutely," I agree immediately.

"Okay, when-?"

"Daniel and Daniella Arendelle, please gather here." That's our P.E. instructor's voice.

"Hm? What could that be about? Did you cause trouble on your first day?" Beatrice raises an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure this is about Magic Training, actually," I say.

"Oh..." she makes this facial expression as if she has finally realized something important. How dramatic. Well, I can do better.

"I'm afraid this is where we must part ways, my Companion of Eternal Torture," I say in the most pretentious voice I can.

"Come back to me safe, dearest companion," she says, holding my hands and brining them to her head. I pat her head.

Then she gives me puppy eyes so I pat her head again.

"Ehem," someone clears their throat from behind me. It's River. He looks at the two of us, shows me a thumbs up, then marches off towards the teacher. That motherfucker...What did he just assume?

"Well, my liege, looks like you have to leave now."

"Looks like I do..."

Beatrice pushes me towards the teacher and then waves. I wave back and make my way to where River and Samuel are standing.

This is definitely about Magic Training. I did find it strange that no one mentioned Magic at all.

"Alright, so you two are the special cases this decade?" he asks. I don't like the tone he uses when he says 'special cases'.

"...Yes, sir," I answer.

"Okay, attributes?"

"Water, sir," River says.

"And Wind," I add.

"Huh, so you two are twins?"

"Yes, sir." Isn't that obvious? We literally look like gender-bend versions of each other. Same blue hair, same grey eyes, similar noses. Even a child would know that we're twins.

"Okay, we'll start your Magic training from the next class. Today, let's work on stamina," the teacher says.

After that, all hell breaks loose. By which, I mean that if I ever hear the word 'work-out' again, I'm gonna break down.

The entire P.E. period goes by with Professor Samuel making us squat, do sit-ups, do crunches, and do push-ups a hundred times each, all in that order.

By the time we are done, I am fairly sure that I'm dying. River looks to be in the same situation.

Samuel looks at us and says, "Weak."

My eye twitches. I have to tell myself over and over again that Samuel is a man in his 70s and it would be wrong of me to try to kick him and that he could probably overpower me quickly.

When he turns his back on us, River and I simultaneously flip him the middle finger. He turns back around and I pretend to be checking my nails while River pretends to open and close his hand over and over again.

"Who was the one with a Water Attribute?" Samuel asks. River raises his hand. Samuel nods.

"Bring a swimsuit tomorrow."

I...am scared for River.

********************************************

Editing these chapters made them shorter...but at least now the chapters are what I think they should be-