Chapter 2: Transmigration Is a Pain In the Butt

RIVER

I had died. Or maybe not. I can't tell.

As far as I know, I have always been a healthy boy. Of course, sometimes there are some diseases that no one can tell before they're too fatal, but when I had gone to sleep, I hadn't felt the least bit like I was going to die. So maybe I hadn't died? Maybe Daniel Arendelle's soul had been transferred inside my old body? I don't know.

The point is, when I woke up and saw myself in a different body, my brain's first reaction was "This must be a dream."

The first stage is always denial. Even after I had pinched myself multiple times, slammed my head into the wall, slapped myself, etc. I still couldn't believe that this was actually happening.

Who would, really?

Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door and freeze, mainly because I do not know how the original Daniel acted in and around his house. Was he a social recluse? Was he actually polite? Was he just stoic and emotionless? I don't know. But he probably didn't act like how he did in the game, which only showed him in school. Most people act differently in school than they do at home.

"...Harry, did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" a voice said from outside.

"Dumbledore said calmly," I replied, without missing a beat.

And then I sat there for like, half a minute trying to process that. This was Six Elemental Stones. People didn't just randomly quote a series that didn't exist in their universe.

I walked up to the door, then feeling like I might regret this, opened the door. Standing there was Daniella Arendelle, Daniel Arendelle's sister.

Now okay, maybe I should give a little bit of information about these two siblings because no one would understand much of the story without it (maybe).

Daniel and Daniella Arendelle were twins born to the Arendelle family. First of all, twins are extremely rare here, so that was an uproar. The bigger uproar was that these two twins had Magic. Not everyone in this world has Magic, you know? Those who do, if they are commoners, are automatically recruited into the King's Mage Army. If they are nobles, they automatically become the noble's heir. Luckily for Daniel and Daniella, and unluckily for their older brother who actually worked very hard, they were noble. This automatically earned them a place in their father's earldom.

Now, these two were also extremely snobbish, like most other rich kids, but they get away with it because they're...well, rich. And 'potential prodigies'. They never use that potential, by the way.

Daniel and Daniella were the main villains of the first chapter of the game, being the typical bully and everything. Later, they made a comeback, all humble and everything, to offer friendship to the protagonist, Wilhelm Basilton. And then they betrayed him. And got killed.

The internet caused an upheaval when they got killed because the characters were 'hot' and 'smexy' and whatnot. Even in the game, I remember the protagonist walking in on several girls confessing to Daniel or several boys confessing to Daniella. Everyone liked them despite their snobbish personality.

And that's about it. That's their entire backstory. Oh, and their mother is dead and their father neglects them. That's an important detail, I think.

So anyways, where were we? Right, I saw Daniella Arendelle standing in front of Daniel's bedroom with a very unsure expression. She had just made a Harry Potter reference and I had added to it.

"...River?" she asked uncertainly as if she still doubted it. Which is, in a way, very understandable since just understanding a Harry Potter reference does not make me River Greyson. But she knew a River, and that gave me hope to think that maybe this was Rhea.