𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐒 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

Start from the beginning

She grinned to the paper on her side of the table, leaning back to her seat with a creak from the plastic and a shriek from the rusted legs from the pressure it yearned to forget and not experience for another what felt like hundreds of years. She proudly smirked to her work, ticks all over as a symbolic recognition to her correct calculations, something she wouldn't usually be capable of without the little fox by her side.

They had helped one another throughout the day, and (Y/n) felt their bond twinkling with a glow of a growing connection from their determination to be there for one another, gleaming in support.

The bell soon spread the word to the entire site that the end of the day had soon approached, much to the delight of many students but to the displeasure of a few. One of whom was Tails, squeaking in alarm from the sound that broke a flood of students to the corridor like a dam blocking the water of a river collapsing and crumbling into particles of the stone that had constructed it.

He felt pressured from the movement of the class and the ruckus rattling the corridor just outside to hurry with his writing, (Y/n) comfortably remaining in place until his task was complete. Tails scribbled the final few words carved into the chalk board in the same hasty mannerism to the paper, a sigh of relief breaking his lips apart buried in the fluff of his muzzle once he engraved the last number in the soaking black ink.

His eyes dazzling in sapphire blue witnessed the alignment he provieded the papers with by tapping them to the table, snatching his backpack laced with the same shade of joyful saffron that naturally dyed his fur placed by the legs of the seat and far below his feet embedded in crimson shoes. Tails stuffed the papers into the bag, the unzipping motion shrieking in the room so silent it seems crickets should have been chirping there with his legs wiggling aside and a hum desperately wanting to sneak from his lips.

They accompanied the booklets indented with language to express the wonders of the world of physics and biology to state the rest of his day in a glance, Tails grinning at his educational achievements before zipping the backpack closed and flinging it to his back.

With a delighted grin to no student other than (Y/n), Tails leapt to the floor with a hand under the strap of his bag in a less unnerving manner than before. His smile shone with his enjoyment of the day, a hand innocently waving his teacher goodbye before slipping it back into the warmth of (Y/n)'s.

Swarms of students inudated the hallway, the entrance playing the role of the exit bleeding with the children desperate to leave as soon as the building thought the time to be right. They slithered with hands pressed to the rusted metal of the frame blending into windows, barging between one another in a battle to be the first to break into the late afternoon sunshine.

Tails was relieved to see the crowd cleared like water wrung from a towel as the hustle and bustle became as small as the droplets seeping out, that hum from before breaking out. (Y/n) guided him to the door, his innocent eyes glistening like pearls shaded in blue under the LED light a final time before the beams of the sun reflected from the gravel of the playground to his orbs.

"Thanks." Tails whispered, (Y/n) snapping from her concentration to their journey back to the bus stop to lock her eyes with his dazzling as bright and pure as the sky.

"For... bringing me here. I really enjoyed it." Tails continued, twiddling with his fingers trapped softly under the strap of his backpack anxiously with a nervous tap of red to his cheeks.

(Y/n) smiled brighter than the sun above, widening Tails' grin like gentle fingers of the beams tickled his cheeks to shapen.

"Any time, Tails." She giggled, releasing their hold with a ruffle to his tufts of adorable golden hair between her hands return to his.

But her smile dropped with another step into the humid air deafened by the joyful shrieks of fellow students, counting the overwhelming amount as an ocean ready to flood the shoreline leading to where the bus would return for its daily routine. She hummed in a rhythm depicting her concern, needing to leave the site but with what felt like the whole planet's population blocking the way.

She squinted to see (Friend/name) with orbs glued to her phone under the same tree herself and Tails discussed his anxiousness before entering the building in the morning just after the dawn yawned into a crack. Another groan escaped her lips that Tails noticed with an innocent glance to her frown and hand to her hip, a thought popping to his mind to solve the problem he could read in (Y/n)'s thoughts like the textbooks stuffed in his bag.

"I've got an idea!" Tails squeaked, slipping in front of (Y/n) to take both her hands.

Perplexed, (Y/n) followed his guidance with a frown that radiated her curiosity. Tails squinted in concentration, tightening his hold to her hands until she was sure the gentle flow of blood ceased. Tails scrunched his eyes closed from the vibrant gold spreading from the early evening, (Y/n) stunned by the sudden movement his little fluffy body passed onto hers.

It was like she was moving upwards, and soon she realised that to be the definite case. She squeaked from surprise and the strange feeling that her stomach had been left behind, or the small amount left had been tied into anxious knots oozing in nausea. Although the movement wasn't very fast, it still gave her such an effect.

(Y/n) fluttered her eyes open completely, unable to reach a hand above them to block out the sun but unable to close them with fear of falling sparkling within them. She kept her hands firmly grasped to Tails', who used his tails to manoeuvre what would power a helicopter by intertwining and spinning to form a saffron blur.

Tails reopened his eyes to focus, eyebrows down in concentration with (Friend/name)'s location as the destination. He didn't fly too high, but (Y/n) could see the students below her watching them like an ocean of thrilled eyes passing below them at a pace Tails wouldn't class as too fast, but (Y/n) might have.

Soon enough, Tails began to lower himself and his astonished passenger to the patch of grass dappled in late afternoon light that seeped into the crisp gold of the evening. (Friend/name) witnessed everything with an open jaw, and those in the crowd of students Tails intended to fly over without concern clapped in recognition.

"That was amazing!" (Y/n) and (Friend/name) squealed simultaneously, Tails grinning with pride with hands behind his back with a shy glaze over his sapphires.

"No big deal..." He replied bashfully, with (Y/n) taking his hand and guiding the three of them to where the bus now awaited them to become commuters across town again.

Tails kept his timid smile with (Friend/name)'s praise moulding into a ramble, a muddled string of words, as his thoughts carried him away like how his frail arms carried (Y/n) all the way over the crowd like a hang glider across the sea.

He couldn't wait to come back tomorrow.

💛