Episode 5: No Such Thing As Luck Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Mascot: LET'S DO THIS!

Baseball Announcer: Well, it's a beautiful day at the park. Isn't it, Pep?

Pep: (unenthusiastic) Oh, sure it is.

Lincoln: I wish...

Lincoln stopped himself from making a wish by mistake.

Baseball Announcer: It's the bottom of the ninth with the Royal Woods Squirrels up 3-nothing. Could this be another shutout for star pitcher Lynn Loud?

The crowd cheers for Lynn. Lynn waves to the people and her family and they all root for her. She then starts doing some things to prepare for her pitch. She lifts her leg, turns her cap, tosses some dirt over her shoulder, and pats her right cheek.

Wanda: What's she doing?

Baseball Announcer: Loud is performing her signature good luck rituals.

Lynn: (doing a Cossack dance) Hutta-hut! Hutta-hut! Hutta-hut!

Cosmo: Lincoln, I think your sister is having a stroke.

Lincoln: (facepalms) No... Regrettably... She not.

Baseball Announcer: Hey, Pep, you believe there's anything to these kinds of superstitions?

Pep: (not caring) I don't know.

Lincoln: Jeez... I am embarrassed to be Lynn... I wish the other teams would hit nothing but home runs. (thinking) I remember the rule against rigging games, so it doesn't matter if I say that.

Baseball Announcer: Well, here's the windup and the pitch.

Lynn winds up and pitches, but the opposing batter slams it out of the park, Lincoln noticed Fairy sparkles on the bat being used. He looked up to see his fairies with their wands raised.

Baseball Announcer: Ooh! Looks like the softball gods did not love that Cossack dance.

Lincoln: (whispering) Guys, what was that!?

Cosmo: (whispering) You made a wish, so we granted it.

Lincoln: (whispering) I thought you couldn't grant wishes that rig a contest.

Cosmo: (whispering) Not when you're in the contest.

Wanda: (whispering) If you wish for someone else to win a contest, we can make even the worst player better than the best!

Lincoln: (whispering) Then I wish..... (smiles evilly) For a hotdog.

A hotdog is poofed into Lincoln's hand and he eats.

Wanda: (whispering) Uh... Sport? Shouldn't you wish for your wish to be undone?

Lincoln: Lynn forced me here, even though I said I wanted to stay at home. She even threatened me with a bat. I'm just giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Soon enough, the Daisy Hill Daisies hit the ball each time, each hit resulting in a home run, thus beating the Squirrels.

Baseball Announcer: Hated that Cossack dance.

The crowd boos and the mascot looks on with grief.

Luna: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, SIS!

****

The game ended with a 0–27, basically zero to 1, with the Squirrels losing completely. Lincoln walked from the bathroom to the van. Lynn was walking back to the van as well, having collected her things.

Lincoln: Hey, sis. I'm really sorry you lost.

Lynn yelps and hides behind a dumpster.

Lynn: (holding a rotten banana peel) Stay back! You're bad luck! (tosses the peel at Lincoln.)