"—but you've really grown up. I've watched it all happen. None of that is bullshit." She paused for a second. "Well, maybe calling Nancy a slut was, but that's in the past. We're supposed to be moving forwards, right?"

Easier said than done. Considering images of the Demogorgon and Will on that hospital bed flashed through her mind as she said that, moving forwards wasn't exactly the easiest thing for her. All she wanted to do was make Steve feel better, though.

"Right," Steve repeated. "But I don't . . . I don't want to move forwards without her."

Serenity felt her heart sink. She lifted the covers up from around her and joined his side on the floor, sitting on top of her knees. Serenity immediately reached up and wrapped her arms around his frame, pulling him in close. Steve sighed and lifted up his hand, holding onto her arm that was around his front. He instantly leaned his head against hers.

They stayed there for a while in the silence, just sitting and Steve allowing Serenity to hold him, needing nothing but comfort from her right now. Serenity honestly had no idea how long they sat there, but a knock sounded from the door,

"Serenity!" Spencer yelled. "You're going to be late for school if you don't wake up!"

She rolled her eyes. Serenity dropped her arms from around Steve and looked over at him, her hands dropping into her lap.

"I think you left some clothes here in the top right drawer," Serenity told him. "We have to leave in—" she glanced at her clock and her eyes widened "—oh shit, we have to leave in fifteen minutes!"

Serenity scrambled up from the floor and ran to her closet. She grabbed a pair of black corduroy pants, a white turtleneck, and her black Converse. Serenity could hear Steve laughing at her as she ran off towards the bathroom, but she ignored it, a ghost of a smile on her face.

Once she looked at herself in the mirror, she winced. She looked like a wreck. Mascara was gathered underneath her eyes and her lip gloss was smeared, only leaving some sparkly remnants behind. Her hair was all sorts of tangled and had indents from where the tiara had been.

Serenity quickly brushed her teeth and grabbed a washcloth, putting water on it and scrubbing gently at the leftover makeup off of her face. She then got to work on brushing her hair, untangling it and such. Finally, she got dressed, tucking the white turtleneck into her pants.

Once she was finished, she exited the bathroom and went back to her room. Steve was now standing up, his Halloween costume discarded on the floor as he wore some of the remaining clothes that he had left at Serenity's house.

Serenity picked up her backpack. "I'll meet you downstairs."

Steve nodded once at her and she descended down the steps, entering the kitchen. Spencer was already there, lazily sipping on a cup of coffee. Serenity could feel her eyes on her as she opened up the fridge and got the lunch she made for herself yesterday before the party, knowing that she definitely would not to it later.

"Steve slept over," Spencer commented.

"Really?" Serenity responded. "Didn't notice."

"He hasn't done that in a while."

"I know."

Spencer paused for a moment. "Did something happen at the party? To you? Is that why he's here?"